[PO NOW ] Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

1 hour ago, [Banned User] said:

Spent a little time with album and it's definitely good. I just don't think it tops TPAB in my opinion. 

Honestly, I've been spinning this just as much as TPAB. I was in the camp that nothing could ever possibly top TPAB when this came out. While they are two wildly different albums, I would say they are both on par with each other and would find it very hard to rank one over the other. For me, TPAB, DAMN. and u.u. are all on the same level. Kung Fu is really a master of his craft

55 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

How's it crazy? There were probably more orders than the first pressing plant order they sent. Mine hasn't shipped either.

And the original shipping time frame was July so if the remainder of the orders start going out next week they will be within their estimate.  Seems pretty cool to me.

On 6/30/2017 at 4:59 PM, Sunshine said:

How's it crazy? There were probably more orders than the first pressing plant order they sent. Mine hasn't shipped either.

It's crazy to me because of all the records I have preordered over the years, and it's probably in the hundreds, I can't recall a single one that was shipped out by the label in waves. Though, I typically don't preorder mainstream albums so that could be part of it, also. 

As as far as not ordering enough records, they only sold for one day, I would have imagined they had a set limit and would have ordered that amount.

I'm certainly not stressing about it, it'll come, just seems odd.

2 hours ago, Jlegg said:

as far as not ordering enough records, they only sold for one day, I would have imagined they had a set limit and would have ordered that amount.

That makes zero sense at all. If they had a set limit, why do a 24 hour preorder window? Usually those set limits are called pressing quantities and they're listed along with the other pressing info. 

I shouldn't even have to write this post but you're obviously dense. 

4 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

That makes zero sense at all. If they had a set limit, why do a 24 hour preorder window? Usually those set limits are called pressing quantities and they're listed along with the other pressing info. 

I shouldn't even have to write this post but you're obviously dense. 

I'm dense? Lol...

For making the assumption that they would have pressed a certain amount and sold a certain amount like literally everyone else does?

Anyway, there's certainly no need to resort to insulting someone's intelligence. I'm not upset with anyone in this thread and wouldn't need to do something like that because they made an assumption. But then again, I'm dense so maybe only intelligent people feel the need to insult people over nothing...

3 minutes ago, ethereal said:

no, not at all lol

Man, maybe it's my tone or something that has people thinking I'm flipping out or something. I just came in to see if others had preordered and hadn't heard anything. I got my answer, which was yes, and intended to move on. My intention wasn't to rile anyone up or offend anyone. 

8 hours ago, Jlegg said:

It's crazy to me because of all the records I have preordered over the years, and it's probably in the hundreds, I can't recall a single one that was shipped out by the label in waves. Though, I typically don't preorder mainstream albums so that could be part of it, also. 

As as far as not ordering enough records, they only sold for one day, I would have imagined they had a set limit and would have ordered that amount.

I'm certainly not stressing about it, it'll come, just seems odd.

You obviously weren't part of the Frank Ocean - Blonde orders. Exact same situation as this.

36 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

You obviously weren't part of the Frank Ocean - Blonde orders. Exact same situation as this.

Can't say I was. I rarely preorder hugely popular stuff. But even then, I can't recall orders being sent in waves. Sounds like this stuff happens with more mainstream titles that a lot of people are excited about, then.

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I feel like it's not that uncommon for a plant to ship a partial order to a customer. I suppose from there they could opt to not send any orders until the entire run is in, but that seems kind of silly.

I agree, it would be silly to hold them until all came in. And what has been suggested might be the case that they just received more preorders than expected and had to press more. But yeah, I've just never been a part of a preorder where some ship out weeks earlier than others as far as I can recall