Jawbreaker reunion

1 hour ago, nickj said:

Excited that this is real and not just the band named "Jawbreaker Reunion"

They used to be local to me and I would still double take every time I saw their name on a flyer.

Also, my phone spazzed out when I tried to quote this post and I may have accidentally flagged it. Apologies all around.

47 minutes ago, Korgull Of Morgoth said:

You know the current musical scene is in a very sorry state of affairs when the first 3 lines of bands at ALL international festivals are comprised of reunions or acts that released their best stuff 25 years ago..

Chance the rapper

6 hours ago, Brock N Roll said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm almost positive there is no Denver Riot Fest this year

probably not.. i haven't heard a peep about it. 

all i can say at least i saw them 5 times so a reunion isn't a huge deal for me. ok it is, but not in that setting.

I don't want to go to Riot fest but at the same time I have always said to myself I would travel for a jawbreaker reunion.

I do imagine they will play more gigs, but I really want to catch this.

I am also hoping their set conflicts with someone like Prophets of Rage or Paramore. I feel regardless of this reunion taking 21  years, Jawbreaker still will not be the big draw the replacements & Misfits were. 

Edited by cephcarn4

15 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

As soon as Fest stated that they couldn't getting Jawbreaker, I purchased my ticket for Riot Fest.

Oh damn did they say that?

I know it's pretty absurd to think this but after seeing the news that they're playing riot fest I immediately thought what if Fest comes out at 4:00pm today with the announcement and drops that Jawbreaker is playing. One can dream I guess haha.

On 4/21/2017 at 1:05 PM, nancy_raygun said:

I was so excited when this was announced and now I'm just trying to convince myself it won't be as cool as it seems.  Hopefully they follow it up with a tour.

It sounds like Riot Fest gets some sort of exclusivity period when they get these bands to reunite. I'm actually kind of shocked that the Misfits haven't had a full, proper tour yet.

• 8 months later...

Snagged Jawbreaker tickets for the show at Great American in SF. I think it sold out in about 5 minutes. Got randomly lucky and saw the FB post right when it went up, then proceeded to freak out trying to get tickets without using their bad links. I finally get to cross this off of my shame list. I probably could have seen them all of the time in SF, but I wasn't into them back then.