That Dog - Retreat From The Sun

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

first time ever pressed and its a pic disk and signed for $50? the fuck is wrong with people?

I would guess that only printing 200 they weren't cheap to produce, probably not the best way to go about producing this.  It's pricy but if you've been waiting for it to be pressed there you go. 

On a related note, if you like Rachel Haden / have interest in that dog. I released her solo LP (she's the bass player in that dog. / The Haden Triplets + more) 

http://greenwayrecords.storenvy.com/products/17229300-rachel-haden-july-6-splatter-vinyl

Rachel_20Haden_20Greenway_20Records_20Li

Edited by hsp88

I have been looking for a copy of this album, on vinyl, since 1998.

Here it is two decades later. They actually take the time and money to master the metal parts to finally make a vinyl LP...

They even go the extra mile and master this LP with "alternate mixes" that come straight from the band, giving this great album a new and different sound...

But then they don't even bother putting a black vinyl puck between the stampers, and instead use that stupid crackly clear "picture disc" material because it "looks cool!!!???"

And then they expect me to pay $50 for this because IT IS AUTOGRAPHED!!!???

I will continue to enjoy the new CD copy I bought on sale for $8.99 back in the day, and perhaps put the $50 towards a better D/A converter so the original CD will sound better.

What a complete and utter waste of time and resources! :wacko:

Edited by Plarocks

• 3 years later...

Ohhhhhh fuck! Guessing just black for both. Hoping for more.

Went to the Retreat From The Sun show in April 2017, when the picture disc was first available and had no problem paying the $35 for it. But it’ll be nice to own this, properly, and soooo much better along side Totally Crushed Out.

Seeing them last year at The Smell May have been the hottest show I’ve ever been to in 25 years. 

As luck would have it, I am interested in the Johnny Cash Vault you can sign up for this month.

I will suspect a color variant of this will pop up there. Pink maybe?

Either way, in for Bull Moose black. I have waited too long for this album.

Will double dip and grab the other if they show up in The Vault shop.

Edited by Plarocks

On 7/2/2020 at 7:12 AM, Plarocks said:

As luck would have it, I am interested in the Johnny Cash Vault you can sign up for this month.

I will suspect a color variant of this will pop up there. Pink maybe?

Either way, in for Bull Moose black. I have waited too long for this album.

Will double dip and grab the other if they show up in The Vault shop.

While it certainly is possible colored versions could end up in The Vault store, I wouldn’t count on it. There haven’t been too many of the colored re-releases show up there. The Redd Kross re-releases are a notable exception.