Fall Out Boy - M A N I A

On 4/28/2017 at 10:17 PM, mmhmm said:

You guys preordered an album that's only half finished, according to their NME interview.  

It is clearly stated that the album doesn't come out until September.

For $16, I'll take the gamble on the color variant of my choice.

They haven't made an album that I haven't enjoyed at least a good portion of.

you just have to accept that current fall out boy are drastically different to the fall out boy we all grew up with, and accept and enjoy it for what it is. they're a straight up pop band now, if pop isn't your thing then you're probably not gonna like it. having said that, in my opinion this song is utter dog shit, no redeemable qualities whatsoever. the rest of the album will be much better though.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:19 AM, nardes said:

This is exactly what happens EVERY. TIME. FOB releases the first song from their new albums... everyone shits on it, then by the end of the album cycle, they're wanting more.

"EVERY.  TIME."?  Can I get some examples?  Would you be willing to bet against me that this isn't the case for their breakout EDM record?  I'm confident in making a friendly wager that fans and critics alike will want to flush the finished product down the shitter whenever it drops.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

"EVERY.  TIME."?  Can I get some examples?  Would you be willing to bet against me that this isn't the case for their breakout EDM record?  I'm confident in making a friendly wager that fans and critics alike will want to flush the finished product down the shitter whenever it drops.

This ain't a scene, centuries, my songs know. All had the same reaction. Piss off the previous fans, but get a bunch of pop radio love. Then the rest of the album appeases the fans. Their lead singles have been shit for almost every album and not a strong indication of what the rest of the album sounds like. 

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

8 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

This ain't a scene, centuries, my songs know. All had the same reaction. Piss off the previous fans, but get a bunch of pop radio love. Then the rest of the album appeases the fans. Their lead singles have been shit for almost every album and not a strong indication of what the rest of the album sounds like. 

Building on @Tidal Wave .... add in the absolute disdain for American Beauty/American Psycho (the song) and I Don't Care when they came out.

...and when I say "everyone" it should be fans that have been around since mid 2000s (which probably makes up most of this site and other sites like absolutepunk/chorus). Obviously lots of people love it (I love it all)... but plenty of people are fully stuck on the notion that Fall Out Boy are going to make another TTTYG (realistically I'd love for them to do it too), when clearly they, as a band, don't want to make an album twice. And when FOB releases a song completely out of left field, people act like they are shocked the band isn't releasing a song ala songs they made 10+ years ago.

Edited by nardes

• 8 months later...