PO Now - CKY "The Phoenix"

Me and a few friends were mad on these guys back when we were teenage skate-rats and decided to buy tickets for their London show in May. That may have been a mistake in hindsight.

The fact that Deron has a band called 96 Quite Bitter Beings now and that both of these bands will likely be touring mostly their output up to 2002 put me in mind of the final episode of the first series of the flight of the conchords.  Flight Of The Conchords VS The Original Flight Of The Conchords.

Also why does the cover have a dragon on it when this album is called the phoenix? 

Thank god the underworld has a bar.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

• 5 weeks later...

So in spite of my apprehension the London show these guys put on was really amazing. They only played Days Of Self Destruction and cuts from Vol. 1 and Infiltrate. Destroy. Rebuild. which made it a worthwhile nostalgia fest. So if you loved the first two records this is definitely the tour to see them on.

That being said I don't see me buying this album at all. Unsurprising as I was at the height of my adoration for these guys over a decade ago without the associated teenage skate rat memories it all falls flat.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't need this on vinyl, but I must say this exceeded my expectations.  Chad really slipped into the lead singer role well.  Its not their best, but I like most of it.  Short record though.  8 songs 30 minutes.  Hope they continue to tour after Warped and even put out more records.  they seem happy.

thoughts?

5 hours ago, njpunkmusic said:

Don't need this on vinyl, but I must say this exceeded my expectations.  Chad really slipped into the lead singer role well.  Its not their best, but I like most of it.  Short record though.  8 songs 30 minutes.  Hope they continue to tour after Warped and even put out more records.  they seem happy.

thoughts?

Agreed 100% really digging replaceable and I wasn't when I first heard it. Great opening track, sounds like it was written about Deron. As for the album as a whole, I'll continue listening to it though the summer but I doubt it'll get any replay after that. cKy has always had a spot on my mp3 player whether phone or iPod and will continue to have. I'd have to say this is their weakest release but I didn't have high expectations and this exceeded everything I thought so it's good in my book. I'd like to catch them on tour if they're going out after Warped. 

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, TheArtThief said:

I doubt this will ever happen. The only reason we're seeing Carver City is cause it was on Roadrunner and MOV is putting out all of Roadrunner's backlog

I dont know who owns the rights to IDR, but there were 2 pressings of Volume one a few years ago, along with that Best Of comp so I'm still cautiously optimistic.