Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

19 hours ago, drds89 said:

The Pirate Ship Quintet's newest is up for PO on Denovali. What's crazy is all the  spamming Timo does, it is not in his latest updates??

They apparently have done a lot of vocal collabs on this album, some on IG were quite clean vocals, and have added a saxophone on one track, & some  other stuff.  IDK, started getting a little nervous, hoping they didn't drop their gritty guitars and VIRTUOSO cellist (many think his parts are violin on S/T and RFNH), but the track on Soundcloud reassured me greatly.  There may be another track on social media, I was blasting through it today and not a lot of time.

Edit: shipping costs prohibitive, even for a group buy - I will probably wait for a Black copy to make it over here someday

TPSQ - Emitter PO on Denovali

TPSQ Symmetry Is Dead from Emitter on Soundcloud

Really like that track twice through, no vocals, great cello and gritty guitars :)

Digging that track!  Probably will pass on the vinyl but will definitely check the album when it’s out.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:21 AM, Sasan said:

Do you have a 10% discount code? I'd be more than happy to redeem it for you :)

It’s just a one-time use code that you get when you subscribe to their newsletter, if you haven’t already.  They’re member specific but you can probably activate them with various e-mails if you’ve already done it in the past.

Drove up to Montreal this weekend for an early birthday present for myself, and hung out with the Appalaches dudes on Friday as they prep for their next gig and new album.  They played a new song called Karvie, and it is definitely interesting!  Very different for them, but also doing the same things that made Cycles so great without sounding like Cycles at all.  There's a super cool section where the keep resolving back and forth between a minor chord and a major chord.  Really neat stuff. 

If you guys are around Montreal on April 12th, it is Jared's last show with the band as he got a job with Blizzard to work on some unannounced video game.  He doesn't even know yet what he'll be designing! 

If for some reason you still haven't heard this song or album, fix your life.  That ending....

Minor Movements got a big response at Post.Festival last year.  If you guys are near Indianapolis, the fest is happening again 10/4 and 10/5.  Not sure I can make it out to it again this year, but we'll see. 

Also, checking out that Pirate Ship Quintet song.  Pretty good!  Gotta find some time to check the rest of their stuff out. 

4 hours ago, archiced said:

Next week ? I didn’t seen nothing on the social media. 

Ye of little faith.

New 7” released for April RSD, featuring 2 new tracks.

East Coast tour through June.

Reissue of Forever Becoming with a new mix – which it quite honestly needed, in my opinion – with vinyl pre-orders coming later.

Still hoping all of this is indicative of a new album dropping this year.  They said that they’ll be playing the 2 new tracks and many more fresh ones on this June tour.

On 2/26/2019 at 10:49 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

Minor Movements got a big response at Post.Festival last year.  If you guys are near Indianapolis, the fest is happening again 10/4 and 10/5.  Not sure I can make it out to it again this year, but we'll see. 

Also, checking out that Pirate Ship Quintet song.  Pretty good!  Gotta find some time to check the rest of their stuff out. 

Do it! They have 8 songs over 12 year period (well, soon to be 17 songs, so about 1.4 track per year) and while you may not be humming melodies during the day, the songs are memorable nonetheless. Very little filler, and I think you will appreciate the song-writing, production and skill of the musicians. 

Edited by drds89
'rithmetic

9 hours ago, Sasan said:

Anybody wants to pick up a PELICAN 7" for me? Seems to be a regional release that's not available in Germany...if you're looking for anything limited to Europe, give me a shot and we'll work something out!

I may be looking for the Glass Animals release.  Appears to be Euro only so maybe we can help each other out.

20 hours ago, pemulis said:

Ran a search for this on VC and didn't find a hit. But if this has already been posted, apologies. 

Came across Kosatka on bandcamp, from my old neck of the woods. It was released a few months ago. Pretty good, still need to listen to it in earnest though. Basically it is one guy making post-metal. 

Yeah I’ve been on this since it came out.  Can’t remember if I posted, but it’s a good listen.  The closer is definitely the standout.