Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

16 hours ago, mrewest said:

Plus I just listened to the new Driving Slow Motion (mentioned several times here) & that new album is killer.

It is indeed. I've been listening continuously over the last few days. Refreshing and not the typical crescendo core type stuff that's been getting on my nerve. 

6 hours ago, wisdom81 said:

It is indeed. I've been listening continuously over the last few days. Refreshing and not the typical crescendo core type stuff that's been getting on my nerve. 

Yeah it’s a nice mix of ambient & light/dark post-rock.  Great album to zone out to.  Just took a quick snooze with it on my lunch break lol.

New song from The Shaking Sensation! Supper excited to see them still making music. They kind of disappeared for a while after their last album in 2013, 'Start Start Worrying', but it seems they have a new album coming out this coming October on Pelagic Records.

If you are not familiar with their work, it's very much inspired by the heavy hitters of the early sound, but they definitely added a lot of emotion and atmosphere to their 2013 album, more than I've heard in any other post-rock albums. Definitely check out their previous stuff. 'Heavy Entity' and 'Anchors' are pure bliss...

On 6/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, JRHews said:

New song from The Shaking Sensation! Supper excited to see them still making music. They kind of disappeared for a while after their last album in 2013, 'Start Start Worrying', but it seems they have a new album coming out this coming October on Pelagic Records.

This is such great news. I love their previous stuff - had no idea they were still even active!

Maybeshewill's I Was Here For A Moment, Then I Was Gone is being reissued. This currently goes for £50+ on discogs so look forward to owning a copy finally (they were sold out when I saw them touring this)

https://www.banquetrecords.com/maybeshewill/i-was-here-for-a-moment%2C-then-i-was-gone/FUNC041LP

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/125286-maybeshewill-i-was-here-for-a-moment-then-i-was-gone

1 hour ago, whoa said:

Maybeshewill's I Was Here For A Moment, Then I Was Gone is being reissued. This currently goes for £50+ on discogs so look forward to owning a copy finally (they were sold out when I saw them touring this)

https://www.banquetrecords.com/maybeshewill/i-was-here-for-a-moment%2C-then-i-was-gone/FUNC041LP

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/125286-maybeshewill-i-was-here-for-a-moment-then-i-was-gone

wow really?  I feel like i got a copy for like $20 a few years ago before the breakup announcement.  Kinda surprising, but this is great for those who don't have a copy! 

I know We Lost the Sea is eating everyone's wallet today but I think you guys will be really into this too.  A breath of fresh air for the post-rock sound.  Very chill, very beautiful and WELL produced.  This sounds great. 

FFO:  Not to Reason Why, Arms and Sleepers (it's not trip hop but gives me similar vibes), EF

https://oftenthethinker.bandcamp.com/album/greatest-possible-tenderness

On 7/5/2019 at 7:17 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

I know We Lost the Sea is eating everyone's wallet today but I think you guys will be really into this too.  A breath of fresh air for the post-rock sound.  Very chill, very beautiful and WELL produced.  This sounds great. 

FFO:  Not to Reason Why, Arms and Sleepers (it's not trip hop but gives me similar vibes), EF

https://oftenthethinker.bandcamp.com/album/greatest-possible-tendernessi

Thanks for sharing this, it's fantastic. I weeded the allotment to this and it made a shit job a really happy one. Buying this up if I can find a distro/group-buy.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:00 PM, whoa said:

Thanks for sharing this, it's fantastic. I weeded the allotment to this and it made a shit job a really happy one. Buying this up if I can find a distro/group-buy.

On 7/6/2019 at 10:33 PM, Derek™ said:

Zaoza and I been hanging out in this thread since May.  It's been lonely in there.

They've signed to my buddy's PR firm, and he posted it up in one of our Facebook groups and I'd never heard of them before.  I was liking it a lot - I figured you guys would be really into it. 

The vinyl is available from Bandcamp but I don't know of any distribution - but I would check Dunk! because my buddy also works for them writing copy.  If it's anywhere, it's in the Dunk shop. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man. 

You guys are going to want to keep the new Pray for Sound on your radar.  I was afforded the chance to listen to a few of the tracks from the album tonight, and they're a fucking doozy.  You'll notice the trademark high-energy aspects of their sound, but there is a lot more keyboards on this album, and they take some chances with new songwriting styles.  Definitely them, but definitely not re-treading old territory so much.  This might be my favorite work of theirs yet.  The mix absolutely CRUSHES too.  It just SOUNDS so good. 

I'm very excited for this one.