Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/29/2020 at 4:34 PM, omik11303 said:

Haven't liked most of their recent stuff, but the first track from the new Coastlands album is actually really solid:

https://coastlands.bandcamp.com/album/death

They keep getting heavier, which is cool.  I wish they kept some of the spacey light aspect, but they seem to be wanting to go full metal.  Good for them, they're making waves which is great. 

This new post-rock album may be of particular interest to members of Vinyl Collective because it is released in “digital vinyl format”: 
the 56 minute album is designed to be listened to from start to finish, but it is presented in three multi-song tracks in order to preserve
continuity,much in the same way that listening to a vinyl record is an event. 

Its called "in Dreams" by the Manifolds

https://themanifolds.bandcamp.com/album/in-dreams

spacer.png

Edited by eddiewoodenfingers

This new post-rock album may be of particular interest to members of Vinyl Collective because it is released in “digital vinyl format”: 
the 56 minute album is designed to be listened to from start to finish, but it is presented in three multi-song tracks in order to preserve continuity, 
much in the same way that listening to a vinyl record is an event, un-cheapened by modern convenience.

haha, what?

On 7/29/2020 at 4:34 PM, omik11303 said:

Haven't liked most of their recent stuff, but the first track from the new Coastlands album is actually really solid:

https://coastlands.bandcamp.com/album/death

I long for the days of their ambient perfection, but this one hits REAL hard.  Reminds me of if Russian Circles wrote “Collider”.  Stoked on the killer looking vinyl.  

Coastlands is the one “Dunk core” band I have a soft spot for.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:42 PM, mrewest said:

I think this is my current instrumental jam of the year...

Jardín are super solid but this whole “3 EPs released across a year” thing has got to stop.  I went to pre-order that first 10” when they initially announced it and it was something like $40+ to the states.  I hope they press all 3 EPs onto a double LP, down the road.

17 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Jardín are super solid but this whole “3 EPs released across a year” thing has got to stop.  I went to pre-order that first 10” when they initially announced it and it was something like $40+ to the states.  I hope they press all 3 EPs onto a double LP, down the road.

I agree with that.  It’s annoying.

Speaking of 3 EPs, the new Sleepmakeswaves is so bad & I’m glad I never ordered that.  They should never use vocals again.  Ever.  Please.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Super hot take: Sleepmakeswaves haven't released a consistently good album – that holds up as something worth revisiting – since 2008.

Debatable.

And So We Destroyed Everything and Love of Cartography are extremely solid albums in my opinion.

Edited by wisdom81

On 8/10/2020 at 1:27 PM, Derek™ said:

Super hot take: Sleepmakeswaves haven't released a consistently good album – that holds up as something worth revisiting – since 2008.

I feel like I’m the only one that legit loved Made of Breath only.  Coulda used some tweaks, but overall it may honestly be my favorite of theirs.  

On 8/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, mrewest said:

I feel like I’m the only one that legit loved Made of Breath only.  Coulda used some tweaks, but overall it may honestly be my favorite of theirs.  

It's definitely good but it's too proggy for me.  I love their old stuff the most, and Cartography was the best merging of their 2 worlds.  I've liked a bit of what I heard of the new one, but still haven't listened. 

On 8/10/2020 at 1:14 PM, mrewest said:

So true.  Both releases completely ruined by the vocals.  If Of the Vine was instrumental I woulda been really into it.  But I loathe the vocals.

Dude Of the Vine always had vocals!  There's definitely more this time, for sure, but they've always been there.  They were never going to top East The Water, but I definitely like Left Alone. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 12:25 PM, mrewest said:

Someone please make sure @Gumbo72203 is ok 😝

https://www.rangesmusic.com/babel-confusion-of-tongues

haha i already have it!  I got the Deluxe edition so i've been getting the LP's over the past year in the mail randomly. 

On a side note, Lindsay from The Mylene Sheath has been *BaTsHiT* crazy on facebook lately.  Like, racist, mentally unhinged crazy.  It's really, really, really sad. 

Did any of you guys have a personal connection with her?  Something is very, very clearly unwell with her. 

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

On a side note, Lindsay from The Mylene Sheath has been *BaTsHiT* crazy on facebook lately.  Like, racist, mentally unhinged crazy.  It's really, really, really sad. 

Did any of you guys have a personal connection with her?  Something is very, very clearly unwell with her. 

WTF? Really? What's going on there? Not "friended" with her on FB, so I'm not seeing anything (actually don't even know who of all Lindsays out there she is...)

9 hours ago, The Vool said:

WTF? Really? What's going on there? Not "friended" with her on FB, so I'm not seeing anything (actually don't even know who of all Lindsays out there she is...)

**deep sigh**  some racist stuff (Using the N-word), sharing the same thing over and over, and lots of severely disjointed conversations.  Long rambling posts that she then "likes" herself, to which she then replies to, and seems to be having a conversation with herself.  I don't really want to share the name, because I'm not trying to make a sideshow of her.

I don't know what to do, the label kicked ass until it fell apart and she definitely needs some kind of help.