Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

14 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

haha i already have it!  I got the Deluxe edition so i've been getting the LP's over the past year in the mail randomly. 

On a side note, Lindsay from The Mylene Sheath has been *BaTsHiT* crazy on facebook lately.  Like, racist, mentally unhinged crazy.  It's really, really, really sad. 

Did any of you guys have a personal connection with her?  Something is very, very clearly unwell with her. 

Oh I figured you did haha.

I had to unfollow the Sheath account a long time ago on IG because it was just too uncomfortable with all the weird cryptic shit.  Sucks to hear her mental state clearly isn’t improving.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:21 PM, mrewest said:

Oh I figured you did haha.

I had to unfollow the Sheath account a long time ago on IG because it was just too uncomfortable with all the weird cryptic shit.  Sucks to hear her mental state clearly isn’t improving.

18 hours ago, batman said:

That's kind of the jist of what I thought happened there. Still sad to hear confirmation though.

Yeah.... it's real sad.  Someone else commented that meth is a big problem in the area, as he lives where they live, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.  The behavior is so strange.  So strange. 

On 9/5/2020 at 12:01 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah.... it's real sad.  Someone else commented that meth is a big problem in the area, as he lives where they live, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.  The behavior is so strange.  So strange. 

Uff, that's quite a far-fetched speculation...as for the lovely person I had contact with a long long time ago, I really hope it's not true and that she'll get well soon!

On 9/7/2020 at 11:33 AM, The Vool said:

Uff, that's quite a far-fetched speculation...as for the lovely person I had contact with a long long time ago, I really hope it's not true and that she'll get well soon!

I assure you, were you to see the content you would believe something to be extremely wrong as well.  It's very sad. 

In other news, it seems you guys were right - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place is a pretty good album.

Cross-posting this from the ambient thread, because Denovali also releases post-rock and metal records.

Hey everybody, I wanted to re-approach the idea of a group order from Denovali. Current DHL COVID restrictions mean Denovali can only ship 6-8 record orders from Germany to the US, nothing smaller. They're already sitting on a two record order from me, and I was about to order two more records. But if I can find some other folks who are interested in ordering from them, we can combine those orders, split up the cost of shipping and get them shipped out now. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, PM me. I've got like 7 mailers here, and the more people who order, the more we can spread out the shipping costs (Germany to me, plus $4 for me to ship it to you).

Back in the day, high shipping prices meant this was the only way to order from Denovali, but it seems like it's a good time to re-start the concept.

17 hours ago, smailtronic said:

Cross-posting this from the ambient thread, because Denovali also releases post-rock and metal records.

Hey everybody, I wanted to re-approach the idea of a group order from Denovali. Current DHL COVID restrictions mean Denovali can only ship 6-8 record orders from Germany to the US, nothing smaller. They're already sitting on a two record order from me, and I was about to order two more records. But if I can find some other folks who are interested in ordering from them, we can combine those orders, split up the cost of shipping and get them shipped out now. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, PM me. I've got like 7 mailers here, and the more people who order, the more we can spread out the shipping costs (Germany to me, plus $4 for me to ship it to you).

Back in the day, high shipping prices meant this was the only way to order from Denovali, but it seems like it's a good time to re-start the concept.

I believe there is something I have been wanting to order from them! Let me check. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 12:57 PM, mrewest said:

New The Sun Burns Bright vinyl up for PO (/100).  Random mix colors, whatever that means.  First full band offering from them.  I dig the first song.

https://thesunburnsbright.bandcamp.com

that means its the recycled vinyl that Magic Bullet did with all those TWDY releases. 

On 10/7/2020 at 7:45 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

just so you guys are all aware, Elusive Sound does pre-orders for Show Me A Dinosaur - Dust, Ravena - Laocoon (repress) and Somn - The All-Devouring tomorrow!

I don't have the time to run a group buy but these will all go instantly, so good luck!

Grabbed the Artprint version of Somn the minute it went up, it is so beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...

So Dunk is pressing Beware of Safety's "Mabon" album, which has never been pressed before.  I guess it's 5 years old.  Listening now, it's pretty good.  Definitely different, these guys don't follow the standard formula at all. 

You may enjoy. 

https://bewareofsafety.bandcamp.com/album/mabon

• 4 weeks later...

Are you guys familiar with Zaris by Mooncake?  Not sure if you saw the other thread, but this album is finally getting a vinyl pressing on 180g 2xLP.  Big big deal. 

This album is incredible, and should be in everyone's collections. 

https://mooncake.ru/zaris-vinyl-presale?fbclid=IwAR3fSSeStRhzy-wZ8bonn751tOMGqRkLmPJSExSHYE0iLGDdcFcxleumJpg

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I really enjoyed A Burial At Sea's debut LP. A little ASIWYFA vibe in places I guess, maybe a little Tortorro, I dunno. They go from having some fun riffs to opening up into some bigger moments. Sadly missed out on the /100 var. This is a pretty neat label too, some good stuff to check out here.

https://momentofcollapserecords.bandcamp.com/album/a-burial-at-sea

Edited by whoa

i really dug the new GIAA song!

On 11/21/2020 at 2:46 PM, seku said:

New God Is An Astronaut is up for pre-order:

https://napalmrecords.com/english/godisanastronaut/

I was close to pull the trigger on most limited variant (as I do have all the previous albums that way), but 50 euro for bundle with 'brush print metal plate'? What the hell it was supposed to be? 🤔

It's an art print, but it's metal!  Also it's gone haha

It's been a while since a new post rock group/band has really done it for me now, but I'm really really liking this and it's getting a lot of good reviews everywhere on the internet:

https://midsummerrecords.de/produkt/sixdaysofcalm-vinyl/?fbclid=IwAR1j9QbI5o-2uGk66ssQgsDLh1xOP_mZeXQtL-MYFTygWYD5tECcVMbTVzU

Completely unrelated but last night I had a dream that some therapist and her legal team were suing a handful of VCers for causing emotional trauma to Gumbo.  She had a history of all the shit-posting and jabbing that myself and several others have given him over the last few years.  We were expected to take the stand and defend said posts.  It was something else.