Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

3 hours ago, mrewest said:

$400 is ridiculous 

I know its a fair chunk of change, but it takes a lot to be able to make this happen. It was also super last minute and wish we could offer more options, but given logistical challenges it’s all we can offer right now. We hope to do more of these in the future and have normal day passes as an option. 

Edited by Sad Heart

17 hours ago, batman said:

It's a cool concept, but $400 per person is insane... I'd understand *maybe* if that was per family/couple. Tent camping is usually like $15-20 a night for the site, regardless of how many people you have with you. What's all that extra money going towards? 

paying all those bands, I imagine.  Junius and Pianos aren't cheap.  Renting sound and lights isn't cheap either.  Then you've got housing for all those bands.... 

It's probably on point if you consider the bigger fests spread that cost around a much larger number of people.  I'd pay it but that's a weekend we're gonna have gigs. 

I hope it goes well because the post-rock kids deserve more festival/camping opportunities like this.  If you've ever been to Dunk! you know how amazing it is.  The jamband kids do it all the time, so there's no reason the post-rock scene can't either. 

On 6/6/2021 at 7:15 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

paying all those bands, I imagine.  Junius and Pianos aren't cheap.  Renting sound and lights isn't cheap either.  Then you've got housing for all those bands.... 

It's probably on point if you consider the bigger fests spread that cost around a much larger number of people.  I'd pay it but that's a weekend we're gonna have gigs. 

I hope it goes well because the post-rock kids deserve more festival/camping opportunities like this.  If you've ever been to Dunk! you know how amazing it is.  The jamband kids do it all the time, so there's no reason the post-rock scene can't either. 

Working on day passes since there is a lot of interest in that (which we understand and expected), as well as discounted ticket bundles (set of 4) right now. Along with another big announcement. 

On 6/18/2021 at 12:37 AM, batman said:

"Are you planning on attending Camp Caspian?"

12%: Yes. But haven't bought just yet.

88%: Love the idea but can't afford it/won't be able to attend.

Thanks, I went to their IG but didn't find anything like that. 

They're packing a lot in there, it will be awesome.  if you can go, you should go.  Just like DunkUSA.  You never know if you'll get another one...

Bummer it got cancelled but $400 was pretty steep. I really wanted to see Dream Tigers, I don’t think they play much live but I could be wrong.

Also im looking forward to seeing Pianos with Caspian. Nostalgist live would be killer, I’m sure they probably won’t play that as much. Matt I see you saying “we” a lot. What was your involvement in the planning? Just curious. 

12 hours ago, drds89 said:

I hope Caspian and Maserati do their East Coast tour that got cancelled due to the pandemic.

On a different, how about the new Amenra and YONL?  I'm only a couple listens into each and feel like they are going to keep getting better with more listens.

New YONL might be my new favorite of theirs. It's that good. That bass tone is deadly.

I wasn't as blown away by the new Amenra but I'll give it a few more listens. I thought the closer was awesome but everything else felt a bit monotonous.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Anyone else miss out on the EP Giants put out last year? I did, and it’s pretty good. 

Missed here! I used to message with James (Lyle) quite a bit when he said they were writing the new material. He had an informal 'make an offer' on some test presses to try to raise funds once they were finished. I got his  copy S/T TP, but somewhere along the way I think Maciek ended up with it.

And I forgot about the songs ever seeing the light of day.

Do you have a link? 

1 hour ago, drds89 said:

Missed here! I used to message with James (Lyle) quite a bit when he said they were writing the new material. He had an informal 'make an offer' on some test presses to try to raise funds once they were finished. I got his  copy S/T TP, but somewhere along the way I think Maciek ended up with it.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:08
/
Duration 0:14
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:06

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
  • Unknown, selected
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:06

And I forgot about the songs ever seeing the light of day.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration -:-
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:32

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement

Do you have a link? 

Gotcha!

https://open.spotify.com/album/566W0IaKbYhNVECPjPjW0M?si=jXbadGcURuezmtb9d8Afjg&dl_branch=1

On 7/3/2021 at 8:48 PM, drds89 said:

I hope Caspian and Maserati do their East Coast tour that got cancelled due to the pandemic.

god i hope so.  That and losing out on two Dunk! festivals hurts so much, especially given that Dunk moved their fucking location away from the forests and fields of Zottegem. 

• 2 weeks later...