Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

On 9/21/2021 at 8:38 AM, dawhizz said:

Preorder for the new Soup album, Visions, are supposedly going up on Friday. 

EDIT - The vinyl will be available through Glassville Records, Crispin Glover Records, Stickman Records, and Bandcamp from what I can gather. 

https://soupsound.bandcamp.com/album/visions

https://glassville.bandcamp.com/album/visions

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party but never too late I guess (except for vinyl under $50 ppd to US). Athens, Greece.

Post rock with some  psych, some grit, some soft, some prog, something for everyone.

Their Methlab: The Last Second

Their S/T from 2013 is a kicker, too. Really not smitten with the recent pandemic EP tracks tho, may be need a few more listens, but some will like the BM vocals.

Not post-rock exactly (though you can hear that sound here and there in the album) but I’ve been listening to this new album from Brian Cook from Russian Circles a lot recently. It’s kind of a noisy folk album, I guess, but thought I would pass it along. 

https://tormentandglory.bandcamp.com/album/we-left-a-note-with-an-apology

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Leech just did a remaster of "If We Get There One Day..."

you guys probably want that.  A1kA has copies.  A

Also you don't want covid.  Get your booster.  You don't want covid. 

Hope you kick that Covid to the curb sooner than later Gumby.

Been itching to grab that Leech album for a while now.  If it's handled with as much love and care as that Stolen View reissue, it will be worth every penny.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:10 AM, Derek™ said:

Hope you kick that Covid to the curb sooner than later Gumby.

Been itching to grab that Leech album for a while now.  If it's handled with as much love and care as that Stolen View reissue, it will be worth every penny.

Thanks man.  Gonna be dealing with the fallout for a while.  It jacked up my heart pretty bad, had to wear an MCOT monitor to catch my arrhythmia, and the ataxia (balance issues) and brain fog are fucking wild.  It's like you're experiencing your life through a VR headset that's only like, 98% properly calibrated.  You know it's real, and you know it's correct, but it still feels wrong.  Covid is fucked, man.  Absolutely fucked.  I haven't worked in 2 and a half weeks.  I can't even tell you how fucked up this virus is.  Like.  I can't. 

But yeah the Stolen View remaster is fucking ace, and this will be too.  A1KA has copies.  Get 'em now before they're gone. 

Not sure if they belong here or over in the shoegaze thread, cecilia::eyes has a new album coming out via Dunk, first single is on bandcamp and youtube. I would call it dreamgaze, but light, ethereal postrock with buried vocals would work, too. 

cecilia::eyes Missing Pieces

Edited by drds89

On 11/3/2021 at 8:55 PM, drds89 said:

Not sure if they belong here or over in the shoegaze thread, cecilia::eyes has a new album coming out via Dunk, first single is on bandcamp and youtube. I would call it dreamgaze, but light, ethereal postrock with buried vocals would work, too. 

yo what!  I've seen this name forever but never checked them out because the name seems cumbersome, but your description is everything I like!

On 11/3/2021 at 7:55 PM, drds89 said:

2LP preorder up on dunk: https://dunkrecords.com/collections/dunk-records-on-vinyl/products/cecilia-eyes-sore-memories-always-end-2xlp

US link: https://www.athousandarms.com/collections/vinyl/products/cecilia-eyes-sore-memories-always-end-2xlp-pre-order

On 11/3/2021 at 8:55 PM, drds89 said:

So stoked for this.  Was worried about them adding vocals but it works very well here.  That first song builds & builds & finishes great.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:48 AM, Sad Heart said:

Forgot to post on here, but when I went up to Boston last month for the two Caspian shows, I took my lady up to where Sea Lawn was written and asked her to marry me. 

Also, the shows were amazing, as usual. 

Where was Sea Lawn written?  Also you need to work your magic to get them to play that again.  It can come right out of White Light just like on the album? 

Also right on!

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Where was Sea Lawn written?  Also you need to work your magic to get them to play that again.  It can come right out of White Light just like on the album? 

Also right on!

https://thetrustees.org/place/coolidge-reservation/

A lot of Caspian songs were written here. Also, they’ve been bringing back Fire Made Flesh in their recent sets. They opened with it in Boston night 2, Philly, and DC. Closed night 2 with Collpaser > Castles > Sycamore. It was amazing. 

17 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

https://thetrustees.org/place/coolidge-reservation/

A lot of Caspian songs were written here. Also, they’ve been bringing back Fire Made Flesh in their recent sets. They opened with it in Boston night 2, Philly, and DC. Closed night 2 with Collpaser > Castles > Sycamore. It was amazing. 

lol i know i was there man, i did both nights and saw it again in NYC ;)

Fire > Malacoda is about the best opening I think that band could ever do. 

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Fire > Malacoda is about the best opening I think that band could ever do. 

They can do no wrong with opener selection, but during the tour with Junius in 2013, when they opened with Of Foam And Wave in Chapel Hill NC, I was literally brought to tears. Have had & still have plenty of goosebump /ASMR reactions to music, some tracks every time, but tears... a rare occurrence.