Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

On 11/19/2021 at 3:49 PM, mrewest said:

That new Maybeshewill kicks all kinds of ass.  Exceeded all expectations.

lotta people not liking it on the Facebook boards, actually.  I think it's fine/good....  Invincible Summer and the Weight of Light are my favorites.  Wish it had more guitars, the violin-in-every-song thing just isn't what I'm looking for from them.  I still like it though!

On 11/15/2021 at 7:48 PM, drds89 said:

They can do no wrong with opener selection, but during the tour with Junius in 2013, when they opened with Of Foam And Wave in Chapel Hill NC, I was literally brought to tears. Have had & still have plenty of goosebump /ASMR reactions to music, some tracks every time, but tears... a rare occurrence.

I was a sobbing mess when they finally did the Trilogy in Boston.  Incredible.  Same with Sycamore. 

I believe The End of the Ocean did it to me too at Dunk! USA. 

While not post-rock, we went and saw Dying Fetus a couple weeks ago with Terror supporting, and their style of no-nonsense hardcore brought me right back to being 15/16 at VFW halls and it was a completely unexpected overwhelming flood of nostalgia. 

On 11/22/2021 at 4:59 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

lotta people not liking it on the Facebook boards, actually.  I think it's fine/good....  Invincible Summer and the Weight of Light are my favorites.  Wish it had more guitars, the violin-in-every-song thing just isn't what I'm looking for from them.  I still like it though!

I was a sobbing mess when they finally did the Trilogy in Boston.  Incredible.  Same with Sycamore. 

I believe The End of the Ocean did it to me too at Dunk! USA. 

While not post-rock, we went and saw Dying Fetus a couple weeks ago with Terror supporting, and their style of no-nonsense hardcore brought me right back to being 15/16 at VFW halls and it was a completely unexpected overwhelming flood of nostalgia. 

I’ve heard a few people complain about the strings.  I don’t get it at all.  It works so well here imo.  The mix of epic heavy guitars/electronics is balanced out perfectly with the strings.  I dunno this is just one of those albums that clicked immediately for me & keeps getting better the more I listen.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:42 AM, mrewest said:

I’ve heard a few people complain about the strings.  I don’t get it at all.  It works so well here imo.  The mix of epic heavy guitars/electronics is balanced out perfectly with the strings.  I dunno this is just one of those albums that clicked immediately for me & keeps getting better the more I listen.

oh i mean it sounds great, it just gets a bit samey for me there. 

23 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Snagged a Baulta test press through A Thousand Arms. One left and one Dust Moth at the moment if anyone’s interested. 

https://www.athousandarms.com/collections/test-pressings

I spent a lot of money yesterday haha.  So many heavy hitters on sale - EF, Sleepmakeswaves, PG.Lost, Leech, Astodan, Appalaches, Of the Vine, etc etc.  Stuff that should be in every collection!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 1:35 PM, Billich0986 said:

New Oh Hiroshima up for pre-order. New album is called Myriad. 

Pre-order: https://www.napalmrecordsamerica.com/sound/oh-hiroshima-myriad-purplelp-pre-order-release-date-3-4-22.html

This new song sounds much more In Silence then their last which is awesome.  I was incredibly disappointed in Oscillation.  Sounded like such a regression in their sound.  This new song is already better than anything off that.

1 minute ago, dawhizz said:

Per the BRUIT and Pelagic Records Facebook, preorders for vinyl of The Machine is Burning . . . go up Wednesday at 10:00 AM EST on the Pelagic website. 

https://pelagic-records.com

Checking in with CJ to see if A Thousand Arms will be getting these as well. 

On 1/21/2022 at 12:37 PM, mrewest said:

This new song sounds much more In Silence then their last which is awesome.  I was incredibly disappointed in Oscillation.  Sounded like such a regression in their sound.  This new song is already better than anything off that.

Yeah, I really like "In Silence" and "Resistance" but i enjoy Oscillation.  It's kind of the new MO of post-rock bands to go a little bit more keyboard/synth heavy and dancey like the new PG.Lost, Barrens, etc.  I enjoy it but I prefer the old sound. 

20 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Per the BRUIT and Pelagic Records Facebook, preorders for vinyl of The Machine is Burning . . . go up Wednesday at 10:00 AM EST on the Pelagic website. 

https://pelagic-records.com

I’m 100% here for this. If there’s no US distribution I will happily pay the extra $20-25 for shipping from Europe. This album is a masterpiece  

1 minute ago, prowl20 said:

I wouldn’t doubt it. I was just emphasizing how much I like the record haha. 

haha right on.  Make sure you pick up more stuff from A Thousand Arms too!  They have **SO** much required albums.  Chief among them: 

Of The Vine - East the Water

Pray For Sound - Everything Is Beautiful

Kokomo - If Wolves

Leech - Live 6/6/20

Sleepmakeswaves - Love of Cartography

19 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

haha right on.  Make sure you pick up more stuff from A Thousand Arms too!  They have **SO** much required albums.  Chief among them: 

Of The Vine - East the Water

Pray For Sound - Everything Is Beautiful

Kokomo - If Wolves

Leech - Live 6/6/20

Sleepmakeswaves - Love of Cartography

You know I will! I’ve been sleeping on SOM and checked out that new record today! Totally going to pick that one up too! 😊

19 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Email from A Thousand Arms indicates they will have a preorder for BRUIT going up tomorrow at the same time. Three variants. 

https://www.athousandarms.com/collections/music/products/bruit-the-machine-is-burning-and-now-everyone-knows-it-could-happen-again-lp

https://pelagic-records.com/product/bruit-≤-the-machine-is-burning-and-now-everyone-knows-it-could-happen-again-lp/

https://www.indiemerchstore.com/search?type=product&options[prefix]=last&options[unavailable_products]=last&q=Bruit

Indie Merch has the most limited edition (It’s Burning) but only in a bundle with shirt. 

51 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Fuck, didn’t think to check Indie Merch. I snagged Amazing Old Tree from A Thousand Arms. Had to grab that SOM record too. I’m not bummed

Edited by prowl20

• 3 weeks later...