Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

7 hours ago, whoa said:

Little Belgium post-rock goodness. Leaning in direction of Vasudeva or a bunch of other bands which I can't remember right now off the top of the dome. Twinkly, good vibes, some huge moments in there, but finding this one sticks with me.

https://endlessdive.bandcamp.com/

i'd been enjoying their older albums once i heard the announcement of the new one.  Forgot all about it, so thanks for the reminder haha

Looks like a new Soldat Hans album will be available for preorder on Saturday as well as a new vinyl version of their first album, Dress Rehearsal. I think both will be up here when they are available:

https://wolvesandvibrancyrex.bigcartel.com/category/soldat-hans

From Facebook:

ANNOUNCEMENT BROADCAST / PREORDER: SOLDAT HANS 'ANTHAUPT' 📣

This saturday, FEB 19, 18:00 (CET) Stadtfilter will broadcast the entire Soldat Hans ANTHAUPT record online or on 96,3 MHz if you are in the Winterthur, Switzerland area.

Preorders for ANTHAUPT will open on saturday, FEB 19 too. Plus in accordance with this release we decided to also re-release the first record by Soldat Hans DRESS REHEARSAL remastered by Magnus Lindberg (Cult of Luna) since it only has been available selfreleased by the band in 2015 as a small run.

So mark your calender, set your timer & tune in ⚔️

More details to follow on saturday.

Edited by dawhizz

On 1/24/2022 at 4:25 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

haha right on.  Make sure you pick up more stuff from A Thousand Arms too!  They have **SO** much required albums.  Chief among them: 

Of The Vine - East the Water

Pray For Sound - Everything Is Beautiful

Kokomo - If Wolves

Leech - Live 6/6/20

Sleepmakeswaves - Love of Cartography

Been making my way through this list.  Thanks for posting it.  Of The Vine is incredible.

On 2/24/2022 at 10:25 AM, greenbeck said:

Been making my way through this list.  Thanks for posting it.  Of The Vine is incredible.

Right on, glad you're enjoying them.  It's absolutely mind boggling how there are copies of "East-the-Water" still available.  Top 10 post-rock album right there, IMO.  It's just so, so ridiculously good.  People are clueless!  haha

8 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Right on, glad you're enjoying them.  It's absolutely mind boggling how there are copies of "East-the-Water" still available.  Top 10 post-rock album right there, IMO.  It's just so, so ridiculously good.  People are clueless!  haha

Yeah I got about 10 mins in and ordered a copy from A Thousand Arms.  Going to have to get the Kokomo album as well.  

14 hours ago, greenbeck said:

Yeah I got about 10 mins in and ordered a copy from A Thousand Arms.  Going to have to get the Kokomo album as well.  

Hell yeah.  You should pick up the new one, Totem Youth, as well as the 10th anniversary "If Wolves" if that's in stock too.  They are remarkably consistent. 

On 3/1/2022 at 10:44 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

Hell yeah.  You should pick up the new one, Totem Youth, as well as the 10th anniversary "If Wolves" if that's in stock too.  They are remarkably consistent. 

Picked up “If Wolves” since they still had it.  Do you have any experience with preorders from Elusive Sound?  I’m hoping to get the deluxe Blak release but wondering if they usually sell out in 10 seconds….

On 3/8/2022 at 9:03 PM, greenbeck said:

Picked up “If Wolves” since they still had it.  Do you have any experience with preorders from Elusive Sound?  I’m hoping to get the deluxe Blak release but wondering if they usually sell out in 10 seconds….

yes, it will be gone shortly after on-sale.  They don't last.  They all go quick.  Check your PM's

Seems important:  10th anniversary of the debut Shy, Low album.  Finally available on vinyl, 180g black from Post. Recordings.  Comes with a few remixes, one of them courtesy of Holy Fawn.  They only did 200 copies, so I'd move quickly, what with the volume that Pelagic moved of the new one. 

I love this album and still go back to it to this day. 

https://shylowmusic.bandcamp.com/album/shy-low

https://www.postrecordings.com/products/shy-low-s-t-lp

When are we getting new Au Revoir?  That’s the only Shy Low connection I care about lol.  They’ve been one of the highlights of both the US Dunk & Post Fests I’ve attended.  I feel like they’ve teased for years now but nothing ever comes of it.

Anyways, speaking of Post Fest, an announcement is being made March 24.  Excited af.

On 3/15/2022 at 9:37 PM, mrewest said:

When are we getting new Au Revoir?  That’s the only Shy Low connection I care about lol.  They’ve been one of the highlights of both the US Dunk & Post Fests I’ve attended.  I feel like they’ve teased for years now but nothing ever comes of it.

Anyways, speaking of Post Fest, an announcement is being made March 24.  Excited af.

Don't hold your breath.  I share your sentiment, but I wouldn't expect anything.  Maybe someday.  None of the band members live in the same cities or states haha.  Especially with Shy, Low already cranking out the follow-up to Snake. 

22 hours ago, greenbeck said:

Trying to decide between Shy,low and the Dunk! I hear sirens pressings…

Dude you buy both!!!  Unless you're meaning the "Stella Mori" represses, but even then... get both!  I'm so happy they finally pressed the first full-length.  I love old I Hear Sirens. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Shoegaze thread or in the Sludge/Doom thread, but I’m putting it here because I think it’s where I heard of the album, but I got a Bandcamp message that a new vinyl pressing of Palehorse/Palerider’s “Burial Songs” is going up on Friday. Looks like it will be on Bandcamp. Not sure how many are being pressed. 

4 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Shoegaze thread or in the Sludge/Doom thread, but I’m putting it here because I think it’s where I heard of the album, but I got a Bandcamp message that a new vinyl pressing of Palehorse/Palerider’s “Burial Songs” is going up on Friday. Looks like it will be on Bandcamp. Not sure how many are being pressed. 

Great record. Got mixed reviews on this board when it came out but I keep going back to it. Even more poignant since their drummer passed.