jhulud

Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

11 hours ago, batman said:

Stumbled upon Whale Fall on Youtube. I had never heard of them before 'Sondersongs' started playing after listening to the new Mogwai album.

I ended up listening to the whole album, and it was pretty good. Really liked the extra instrumentation. I came here to see if anyone else had heard of them, so it's funny that you had just mentioned them. Need to go back for another listen. 

Yeah they've been around for a long time, their previous album "The Madrean" was a pretty big hit a few years ago.  I still need to pick that up as well.  Thankfully they all have their stuff on Bandcamp.  That's probably my next paycheck.  Either that or all of The Seven Mile Journey stuff I don't have yet XD

12 hours ago, drds89 said:

^THIS

I know man.  Someday I'll pry that demo out of your cold, dead hands too XD XD

Also, ALL of you need to know about this.  If you're within any reasonable radius distance, you owe it to yourself to go.  It's being co-run by the Dunk!USA crew, and they do not fuck around on production quality.  Plus, that fucking lineup man...

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

Wish that Post Fest wasn’t so close to my Vermont trip.  I’d be all over it.

You only live once, man!

I'm trying to finagle a way to get out of work for a 2nd weekend in a row to do it......   I'm not sure it's going to happen though.  Fucking Isis reunion has to ruin everything!  XD

On 9/19/2018 at 8:16 PM, PigeonsPlayingWhatNow said:

I just met up with Gregg from Shy, Low to get a copy of Hiraeth before they go off to Europe to tour. So stoked! This band is incredible!

What variant did you get?  Gregg is a swell guy.  I decided to go all-in on collecting them since i have every variant of Binary Opposition and both jewel case and digi-sleeve versions of the S/T CD.  He wasn't sure which variant(s) the band still had last I talked to him a few days ago. 

Also, I don't know how often you guys scour Discogs, but one seller has something interesting going on.  They've put up an entire "personal archive of Hydra Head Records vinyl and CDs from someone closely associated with the label". 

LOTS of old stuff... test presses, etc.  I would venture a guess that this was sold off to help give money to Caleb's family.  https://www.discogs.com/seller/rockawayrecords/profile

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

What variant did you get?  Gregg is a swell guy.  I decided to go all-in on collecting them since i have every variant of Binary Opposition and both jewel case and digi-sleeve versions of the S/T CD.  He wasn't sure which variant(s) the band still had last I talked to him a few days ago. 

It ended up being Bell Heather. Mine is more of a yellowish cream color though, it’s odd! I talked to him for probably 20 mins, definitely a cool dude. I should’ve grabbed a shirt too, that design is awesome. But I obviously won’t be attending any of the Europe shows so I decided to leave it for them hahaha