Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

I never have time to listen to any of the new albums recommended by WherePostRockDwells. However, last night I was on the youtube while doing paperwork, and it rolled into the next queued up piece which was a rec by them: Distance - Everything In Exchange For Nothing (NZ).

RIYL: Meniscus, early Keretta,  with a hint of Jakob atmosphere in some tracks. 

It's only 30 minutes and not as complex as the bands above, but I enjoyed the riffage. The closing track is a curve ball,  not bad, just standard fare postrock.

Distance - EIEFN

On 8/16/2022 at 8:46 PM, greenbeck said:

https://sargenthouse.com/test-pressings

Sargent House just put up a bunch of test pressings.  Russian Circles Deafheaven 

i really don't get the allure of spending THAT much on TP's.  The few I have come across have sounded awesome for sure, but man that's a lot of money haha

On 8/31/2022 at 9:15 PM, drds89 said:

After folks get through their 10th listen to Gnosis, look forward to hearing your thoughts, including the vinyl quality.

I thought it sounded pretty good! My copy was a little dished, not sure if that was an isolated incident but it plays fine and there’s def some dynamics. Wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s my best sounding record but I don’t have any complaints 

Edited by prowl20

On 9/1/2022 at 11:15 AM, drds89 said:

After folks get through their 10th listen to Gnosis, look forward to hearing your thoughts, including the vinyl quality.

Absolutely love the record, but haven't listened to the vinyl yet so no comment there. They don't deviate from their formula, it's structured exactly like their last few records (6-7 tracks, 3-4 bangers + 2 transitions + another one), but it is such a pleasure to listen to.  Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, favorite band and all.