PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

7 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

What time is it?

Oh, that's right. Time to go through and report each and every eBay listing of the blue version. Preselling asshats.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xradiohead+ok+computer+blue+vinyl.TRS0&_nkw=radiohead+ok+computer+blue+vinyl&_sacat=0

2 minutes ago, the industry said:

I think part of what kept copies up at Recordstore was the confusion about what version it was. The title said blue opaque but the description said black vinyl… I think they just copy & pasted the same description on both.

i got an order confirmation which says blue opaque edition. hope it will be...

2 minutes ago, the industry said:

I think part of what kept copies up at Recordstore was the confusion about what version it was. The title said blue opaque but the description said black vinyl… I think they just copy & pasted the same description on both.

Yeah but that is not the issue, they already mentioned it's blue on their twitter! The issue is while every other single store on this planet is sold out, these guys are still accepting pre-orders. Does not make sense to me! How would I be sure that they are not over selling their product? Probably they will email me in June and say, oops, sorry, this and that here is your money back. 

You know what I mean? What bothers me the most is that I missed on so many other stores, just because I jumped on their website.

So I saw this right before leaving the office, I was in a rush so I ordered from the first link I saw on this thread, didn't even know which shop it was. Got a message at the end saying something like sometimes stock is not guaranteed for highly demanded items...

Now I've checked and it's Picadilly Records, looks like opaque blue is sold out on their site so I hope there's "No Surprises"...

9 minutes ago, the industry said:

You have a good point there! Let's hope..

7 minutes ago, Reza said:

Yeah but that is not the issue, they already mentioned it's blue on their twitter! The issue is while every other single store on this planet is sold out, these guys are still accepting pre-orders. Does not make sense to me! How would I be sure that they are not over selling their product? Probably they will email me in June and say, oops, sorry, this and that here is your money back. 

You know what I mean? What bothers me the most is that I missed on so many other stores, just because I jumped on their website.

Definitely frustrating.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I've had a couple of orders from The Record Store cancelled in the past - I don't remember what, but I'm pretty sure they were nowhere near as sought after as this will be. Hopefully ordered as a last resort but I'm not confident these will be honoured. I hope I'm wrong!

10 minutes ago, Reza said:

Nagging aside, 

Very nice cyber meeting you guys, I solely signed up on this forum to find some online stores on this record. Going through some threads here and I have to say this is one awesome forum. Looking forward to contribute in future. 

Cheers,

Same here. I stumbled across this forum as I scrambled for a copy of the blue OKC, and registered the account to hopefully help some people who are still looking for a copy. 

Cheers!

11 minutes ago, t_k said:

9 minutes ago, dollarsandcents said:

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I've had a couple of orders from The Record Store cancelled in the past - I don't remember what, but I'm pretty sure they were nowhere near as sought after as this will be. Hopefully ordered as a last resort but I'm not confident these will be honoured. I hope I'm wrong!

I think you are not wrong. I think they will cancel hundreds of orders soon and come up with an apology letter on Twitter or Facebook. It only makes sense!

I was stupid enough to fall for their trap and deposit my money into their account! 

Honestly it's frustrating because they don't give a hoot either! No answers on their Facebook or Twitter. I would at least address couple of concerns. It's a lot of money you know. I'm not loaded to go about and forget about the $75 that went out of my account straight into their pocket. The money that was never planned to get spent. 

Edited by Reza