PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

26 minutes ago, Recon said:

Just got this message from Recordstore.co.uk on Facebook after asking if my preorder will be fulfilled or not. So, as you already said there will probably be cancellations.  I don't think they had the intention to get more users on their website, but they should implement a tool to count all preorders in order to prevent this...

Recordstore.co.uk aren't an indie store - they are part of Universal (who have various other online music outlets like The Sound Of Vinyl). I don't really know why they should have got any of these on blue as it's supposed to be indies only. I also can't find any connection between Universal and XL to explain why they might end up with loads of these, so I think people are right to be sceptical.

When it comes to items they actually have in stock, they have been pretty good at cutting you off when they run out, but as of 2313 BST, they are still selling it.

Fuck it. Bought the deluxe. I figured out that I could justify the price since I don't have any of the b-sides on wax; therefore, technically, its like I am getting an album and three of those capitol singles that go for like $15 a pop. Thus, when you think about it,  i'm only spending $100 on the boxset and $45 on the singles! Hell, that doesn't even include shipping costs if I bought the capitol records individually, so really I'm saving money! Right?! If anyone needs an indie blue, I might be able to sell one to ya down the line at cost thanks to my BM preorder. 

2 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

Fuck it. Bought the deluxe. I figured out that I could justify the price since I don't have any of the b-sides on wax; therefore, technically, its like I am getting an album and three of those capitol singles that go for like $15 a pop. Thus, when you think about it,  i'm only spending $100 on the boxset and $45 on the singles! Hell, that doesn't even include shipping costs if I bought the capitol records individually, so really I'm saving money! Right?! If anyone needs an indie blue, I might be able to sell one to ya down the line at cost thanks to my BM preorder. 

Good for you! I'm not a box set fan, but I appreciate the art and workmanship that goes into them. 

I'm pretty sure they screwed my blue order at recordstore so, if down the road you didn't want yours, I will be one happy chap to grab it off you. 

OK here is another f-up if you think you got it right! Amoeba just contacted me and said that I have ordered the black vinyl! Here is what they said after I asked for a double check with my order number: 

I'm sorry, but the variant you ordered is the black vinyl.  The reason you're not seeing the blue vinyl on our website is that it is a very limited edition, so we sold through our allotment very quickly.  There is a small chance that we'll get more blue copies in the future, but unfortunately no guarantee.

I'm so sorry for the disappointment, Reza. Please let me know if you would prefer to cancel your order for the black vinyl.

I swear to god I bought the blue vinyl, through the link here, but apparently they want to keep it for their own precious customers. In their email invoice there is no mention of the colour so they can get away with it easy! So if you think your order is safe with Amoeba, think again! 

So basically 2 x $70 down the drain with no results. This is the end of it for me folks, f up and f up with these "indie record stores"

@PookdaddyG I really do appreciate it if you contact me when you recieve your blue set.

6 minutes ago, Reza said:

OK here is another f-up if you think you got it right! Amoeba just contacted me and said that I have ordered the black vinyl! Here is what they said after I asked for a double check with my order number: 

I'm sorry, but the variant you ordered is the black vinyl.  The reason you're not seeing the blue vinyl on our website is that it is a very limited edition, so we sold through our allotment very quickly.  There is a small chance that we'll get more blue copies in the future, but unfortunately no guarantee.

I'm so sorry for the disappointment, Reza. Please let me know if you would prefer to cancel your order for the black vinyl.

I swear to god I bought the blue vinyl, through the link here, but apparently they want to keep it for their own precious customers. In their email invoice there is no mention of the colour so they can get away with it easy! So if you think your order is safe with Amoeba, think again! 

So basically 2 x $70 down the drain with no results. This is the end of it for me folks, f up and f up with these "indie record stores"

@PookdaddyG I really do appreciate it if you contact me when you recieve your blue set.

This is how Rough Trade fucked me over on the white AMSP. I know for sure I ordered the white and they sent me black.