PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

2 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

This is how Rough Trade fucked me over on the white AMSP. I know for sure I ordered the white and they sent me black. 

Yeah f them! I'm done with these indie rubbish record stores! I'd rather pay more and get it through Discogs, honestly this was my first attempt through a presale on an "indie record store", and I'm god damn sure it is my last too!

I guess I should rephrase, but I probably know the answer, do any online record stores have the blue available or will it be available in record stores?  I'm sure no, not into buying from flippers.  I guess $47 shipped isn't bad especially with my current copy sounding like shit. I really was not impressed with the sound quality of AMSP.  Deluxe packaging was awesome, but the pressing was gritty.

1 minute ago, floyd_z said:

I guess I should rephrase, but I probably know the answer, do any online record stores have the blue available or will it be available in record stores?  I'm sure no, not into buying from flippers.  I guess $47 shipped isn't bad especially with my current copy sounding like shit. I really was not impressed with the sound quality of AMSP.  Deluxe packaging was awesome, but the pressing was gritty.

Dude people are killing over this and you are debating wether or not it is going to sound good? Read through the comments, so far two record stores have f upped the orders. And the record is no where to be found online unless you buy it through ebay or Discogs. This answers your question or?!

17 minutes ago, Reza said:

OK here is another f-up if you think you got it right! Amoeba just contacted me and said that I have ordered the black vinyl!

What does your confirmation email from them say? Does it specify colour?

11 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

This is how Rough Trade fucked me over on the white AMSP. I know for sure I ordered the white and they sent me black. 

RT are sneaky. They don't put details of what your ordered in the confirmation email. I've been caught out by them and now if I buy from them, I take screen shots of the cart and the confirmation page. When it comes to RSD stuff or something like this, it's a good idea to do that with any site.

1 minute ago, ExtraFox said:

What does your confirmation email from them say? Does it specify colour?

RT are sneaky. They don't put details of what your ordered in the confirmation email. I've been caught out by them and now if I buy from them, I take screen shots of the cart and the confirmation page. When it comes to RSD stuff or something like this, it's a good idea to do that with any site.

I was . <--- close to take a screen shot! Swear to god! But then I was like "mehhh! I'll get a confirmation! They are not going to screw their customers like that!"

But you are right, I should have taken a screen shot. Crossed my mind couple of times!

4 minutes ago, Reza said:

Dude people are killing over this and you are debating wether or not it is going to sound good? Read through the comments, so far two record stores have f upped the orders. And the record is no where to be found online unless you buy it through ebay or Discogs. This answers your question or?!

Well I don't buy records to look at them I buy them to listen to them.  

A others have noted and in my experience most items like this that have thousands of copies end up coming down in price. Same goes for a good amount of RSD titles. If you can hold off from the initial craze you'll probably be better off buying it from someone when it comes out. Because remember a quarter of the people buying this now are probably just going to throw it on the bay when it gets released. So just hold off and track it down when it gets released. Don't overspend now if you can't find it from a legit online retailer. And it never hurts to go down to your local shop if you have one and see if they'll put in an order for you.

Edited by fish

2 minutes ago, fish said:

A others have noted and in my experience most items like this that have thousands of copies end up coming down in price. Same goes for a good amount of RSD titles. If you can hold off from the initial craze you'll probably be better off buying it from someone when it comes out. Because remember a quarter of the people buying this now are probably just going to throw it on the bay when it gets released. So just hold off and track it down when it gets released.

You don't know Radiohead fans

9 minutes ago, fish said:

A others have noted and in my experience most items like this that have thousands of copies end up coming down in price. Same goes for a good amount of RSD titles. If you can hold off from the initial craze you'll probably be better off buying it from someone when it comes out. Because remember a quarter of the people buying this now are probably just going to throw it on the bay when it gets released. So just hold off and track it down when it gets released. Don't overspend now if you can't find it from a legit online retailer. And it never hurts to go down to your local shop if you have one and see if they'll put in an order for you.

Definitely agree with your logic. If my order from recordstore.co.uk ends up being bogus I'm definitely going to just wait on it.