PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

5 minutes ago, ng123 said:

hey what are the chances of a special anniversary edition vinyl for In Rainbow's 10th anniversary this year? im guessing not likely since it took 20 years for OK Computer to get these cool editions but you never know. what do yall think?

It'd be tough to top the original boxset, but if they went balls to the wall – akin to what they're doing with this OKC boxset, as far as accompanying art, notes, new tracks, and packaging – I'd purchase it.  Again.  Especially if it came with Disk 2 (finally) pressed on vinyl.  I'd also pick up a colored press since I have no boundaries with that album.

13 minutes ago, ng123 said:

hey what are the chances of a special anniversary edition vinyl for In Rainbow's 10th anniversary this year? im guessing not likely since it took 20 years for OK Computer to get these cool editions but you never know. what do yall think?

As much as I love this band, I really wouldn't want to see another In Rainbows box set, they pretty much nailed it the first time around, and included the b-sides bonus material. No need to rehash it again in a different package. I could see them repressing a few more copies of the original box set though, that I could live with. 

Edited by robes

43 minutes ago, ng123 said:

I would think it's very unlikely for the reasons you have identified yourself. If they did though I would jump all over it whether it was a direct reprint of the 2007 box or a new one with the b-side bonus disc on wax. I missed out on the box as my record player had given up the ghost at the time of release and it took me a couple of years and a job change to afford a new one. If they were going to do it I'd like to see them go really big and include some Live from the basement material too.

Maybe Kid A/Amnesiac next?

On 4.5.2017 at 9:37 AM, VinylMario said:

Just got confirmation that I have secured a blue copy from Recordshopx...

Damn...B)

Really?  I received this email:

Hi there,
The wholesale informed us that they won't be getting copies of that blue vinyl, it's been sold out beforehand unfortunately. Would you like to choose the black one instead or should we cancel your order? Sorry for this mess!

Yours,
Timo, X

Moi,
Tukkuri ilmoitti ettei saa toimitettua tuota sinistä vinyyliä yhtään kappaletta meille, se on myyty lafkalta loppuun ennakkoon. Haluatko valita mustan vinyylin tilalle vai perummeko sen tilauksestasi? Pahoittelut tästä säätämisestä!

t: Timppa, ÄX

The text in Finnish says that they didn't get any copies of the blue version.

7 hours ago, Darnoc said:

Thanks for this. Ordered. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled too. Kinda tired of places taking the money first then finding out the don't have them. I was fortunate I got my recordstore UK refund back this morning to pay for this again. 

2 hours ago, jsusi said:

Really?  I received this email:

Hi there,
The wholesale informed us that they won't be getting copies of that blue vinyl, it's been sold out beforehand unfortunately. Would you like to choose the black one instead or should we cancel your order? Sorry for this mess!

Yours,
Timo, X

Moi,
Tukkuri ilmoitti ettei saa toimitettua tuota sinistä vinyyliä yhtään kappaletta meille, se on myyty lafkalta loppuun ennakkoon. Haluatko valita mustan vinyylin tilalle vai perummeko sen tilauksestasi? Pahoittelut tästä säätämisestä!

t: Timppa, ÄX

The text in Finnish says that they didn't get any copies of the blue version.

Interesting.

I specifically emailed them after the sale if I had ordered the blue indie only version and they responded:

Hi there Mario,

Yes you have ordered the blue version.

Yours,
Timo, X

2 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Interesting.

I specifically emailed them after the sale if I had ordered the blue indie only version and they responded:

Hi there Mario,

Yours,
Timo, X

This was my email question:
3.5.2017, 21:43, Mario kirjoitti:
 Hello Recordshopx!
 I just want to make sure that I have ordered the blue "indie only" vinyl
 copy of Radiohead's Ok Computer Oknotok 1997-2017.
 Thank you for your prompt response.
 Sincerely,
 ~Mario

1 minute ago, VinylMario said:

Interesting.

Hi there Mario,

Yours,
Timo, X

The problem with ordering from any store that isn't a "big guy" (e.g. Bleep, Boomkat, Norman, RT, BM, Amoeba) is that there's likely no way for them to confirm they'll be guaranteed any copies right now. Places are just so impatient to get listings up to secure preorders, like that tiny shop that posted ~20 copies on eBay and was then like "uhhh shit, we'll need to check on this."

Their e-mail to you is accurate. You ordered a blue copy in their system. But they likely have no way of knowing for certain that it can be fulfilled.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

The problem with ordering from any store that isn't a "big guy" (e.g. Bleep, Boomkat, Norman, RT, BM, Amoeba) is that there's likely no way for them to confirm they'll be guaranteed any copies right now. Places are just so impatient to get listings up to secure preorders, like that tiny shop that posted ~20 copies on eBay and was then like "uhhh shit, we'll need to check on this."

Their e-mail to you is accurate. You ordered a blue copy in their system. But they likely have no way of knowing for certain that it can be fulfilled.

True...

I'll be on the lookout for an email soon I guess.

I did request for a copy from Zia's, and they put me down for one. So there's that... :Sweating:

Thanks for the Amazon JP link. I have ordered from there after having first two UK orders cancelled, then Germany. Started off paying about £26 shipped for this set, then £34 from Germany and now from Japan mid 40's. I give in after this if it too gets cancelled!

Thanks for the Amazon JP link. I have ordered from there after having first two UK orders cancelled, then Germany. Started off paying about £26 shipped for this set, then £34 from Germany and now from Japan mid 40's. I give in after this if it too gets cancelled!

There was this distro guy from XL in the store I work at today and asked how many copies we wanted of the blue variant. With this thread in the back of my head I was like "Huh? There's any left after direct preorder?" and he was acting like there's a gazillion copies out there to be distributed to indie stores all around the globe. For what it's worth, there might be some serious false scarcity going on right now. I might be wrong, though. 

2 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

There was this distro guy from XL in the store I work at today and asked how many copies we wanted of the blue variant. With this thread in the back of my head I was like "Huh? There's any left after direct preorder?" and he was acting like there's a gazillion copies out there to be distributed to indie stores all around the globe. For what it's worth, there might be some serious false scarcity going on right now. I might be wrong, though. 

This sound about right.

3 minutes ago, robes said:

I reckon this will be much like the white ASMP, it won't be that hard to find for a short while after the release date. 

White AMSP according to information on Discogs there were 9000 copies. If this is 3000(UK) + 4000 (US) and perhaps 3000 for ROW for 10,000 copies then yes. I'm not sure which one has a greater demand though.