Release date: Jun 23, 2017
Interscope
$24.99
SRCvinyl

Soundstage

Details

Vinyl Color: Blue / Red

Album Details

Meantime is the second studio album & major label debut by American alternative metal band, Helmet, released on June 23, 1992 through Interscope Records. The importance of this record cannot be overstated, as it was arguably one of the most influential & overlooked rock records of the 90’s, according to All Music. Meantime features singles, Unsung, In The Meantime & Give It.
Tracklisting

In The Meantime
Iron Head
Give It
Unsung
Turned Out
He Feels Bad
Better
You Borrowed,
FBLA II
Role Model

Edited by VinylMario
pic links

Overlooked?!?! By whom?!?!

Every self-respecting fan of heavy noisy music ever since this has come out has always known about and loved this record. At least I'd like to think so.

And delving further into that description...is it just me or does saying "most influential and overlooked..." doesn't make sense being in the same sentence?  Almost like they cancel each other out?

2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Every self-respecting fan of heavy noisy music ever since this has come out has always known about and loved this record. At least I'd like to think so.

And delving further into that description...is it just me or does saying "most influential and overlooked..." doesn't make sense being in the same sentence?  Almost like they cancel each other out?

overlooked by the mainstream and influential to those within the underground.

6 hours ago, jhulud said:

Yes ha ha. That's canned an oxymoron, lol

1 hour ago, Andthejets27 said:

I've actually never explored their post Aftertaste catalogue, besides a listen or two of the album they put out last year. Worth checking out?

I'm a huge fan of Aftertaste and Page's vocal approach with that record.  I think Size Matters is like the perfect Helmet record.  It blends the great riffs of the early stuff and that melodic vocal approach from some of Betty and Aftertaste.  It still has some of that classic bark, but it's mature and refined.  

Post Size Matters get a little iffy for me because Page has been off the melodic vocal kick and has been doing more old school stuff.  Monochrome has some great songs on it, Money Shot is the gem for me.  Seeing Eye Dog is pretty lackluster for my taste though.

Also check out the Ghandi demos if you're into it.  It's what Page was doing after he split up Helmet post Aftertaste.  A bunch of those tunes ended up on the later Helmet records.