1 hour ago, highfives said:

Except for Dinosaur Jr., that Betty show was the loudest show I've ever seen.  My ears were fucked for about a week afterward and I was wearing earplugs.

Topically relevant, the loudest show I ever saw was Faith No More and Helmet in 1992 (touring on Angel Dust and Meantime, respectively).

Betty show was real dang loud though, for sure.

1 hour ago, tape said:

Topically relevant, the loudest show I ever saw was Faith No More and Helmet in 1992 (touring on Angel Dust and Meantime, respectively).

Betty show was real dang loud though, for sure.

Interesting as I saw FnM on that tour with Kyuss and babes in Toyland and I don't recall it being overly loud. Kyuss shook the damn building though haha.

Edited by Monastic_mike

23 minutes ago, Monastic_mike said:

Interesting as I saw FnM on that tour with Kyuss and babes in Toyland and I don't recall it being overly loud. Kyuss shook the damn building though haha.

it could be that Helmet was so loud that I was already deaf when FNM played. it's been 25 years so some details may be murky.

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2017 at 9:34 PM, ntslash said:

I canceled my Bull Moose order when I saw it was $18.98 on Amazon, but now I guess it looks like that one is going to be black. I thought all of these were pressed on blue/red. Poop. 

There are two versions on Amazon

Red/blue : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071DN9BWG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Black : https://www.amazon.com/Meantime-LP-Helmet/dp/B071H7TH78/ref=ice_ac_b_dpb_twi_lp__3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1497385603&sr=1-1&keywords=helmet+meantime

On 5/5/2017 at 6:15 PM, highfives said:

It's probably not a popular opinion, but I just want a legit press of Size Matters.

I sincerely want this on vinyl.  I own the japanese CD pressing too so I have a good copy of 'blacklight' & 'just like me'.    

It does seem the CD is very dynamically compressed, so a truer-to-studio master would be a treat.