"Good" automatic p-mount tables?

I know that is probably not a very good option, but I'm in the market for one as a sort of back-up for now. Lately my hands have been really shaky because of an autoimmune disorder, and playing records is kind of hard. I have a hard time putting the tonearm down and lifting it back up due to the shakes. They should go away eventually, if they can find the right dosage of medicine and such to control it. I was looking at the "Technics SL- QD33". It gets good reviews, is fully auto, is p-mount and has a quartz locked DD. Anyone have any experience with these tables, or anything similar? I'm not ready to give up n records yet.

12 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I've heard ok things about it, but it is a standard mount not a p-mount.

oh you are totally right, we stuck 2M reds on them and sold them like hot cakes. If you can't find an old technics, audio technica might be your best bet. They don't make too many p-mount automatics

I think a used Technics is all you're going to find that's any good, the P mounts tended to be made down to a price and be careful with some of the Technics as some have fixed tracking force.

There is another option for you if it's shakiness of the hands that worries you, they're generally pretty expensive but if you can find any one of the Revox turntables is brilliant for anyone who struggles with a conventional table. They are direct drive, very high quality, built like a brick outhouse and linear tracking.

The arm and whole drive system swings out of the way so you can put the record on, you then swing it back where it clicks into place and you move the cart across to where you want it using buttons that drive the servo's in the arm and then you hit the drop button and it lowers the cart down itself correctly and plays, if I had mine set up I'd take a video of it as it's a lot better than I'm describing, I let my daughter use mine when she was 3 years old as there was absolutely no risk of stylus and vinyl meeting when they shouldn't

This is the one I have

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/revox/b795.shtml

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2017 at 3:45 PM, allenh said:

I think a used Technics is all you're going to find that's any good, the P mounts tended to be made down to a price and be careful with some of the Technics as some have fixed tracking force.

There is another option for you if it's shakiness of the hands that worries you, they're generally pretty expensive but if you can find any one of the Revox turntables is brilliant for anyone who struggles with a conventional table. They are direct drive, very high quality, built like a brick outhouse and linear tracking.

The arm and whole drive system swings out of the way so you can put the record on, you then swing it back where it clicks into place and you move the cart across to where you want it using buttons that drive the servo's in the arm and then you hit the drop button and it lowers the cart down itself correctly and plays, if I had mine set up I'd take a video of it as it's a lot better than I'm describing, I let my daughter use mine when she was 3 years old as there was absolutely no risk of stylus and vinyl meeting when they shouldn't

This is the one I have

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/revox/b795.shtml

The vintage shop where I got my turntable has a Revox turntable in with one of those arms, but it is too damn expensive. Any standard mount automatic recommendations? 

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

The vintage shop where I got my turntable has a Revox turntable in with one of those arms, but it is too damn expensive. Any standard mount automatic recommendations? 

No pretty much the Technics is the only one I can think of but as I say the one I'm thinking of is fixed for tracking force etc. Which is fine if you're not going to experiment with cartridges.