Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 1 [Standard Release]

2 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Yes! Hopefully this sticks and doesn't get taken down or rescinded by the label like Glassjaw's Worship & Tribute did for all those people who pre-ordered from Amazon only to get cancellation notices about it. That was a dark time.

For W&T weren't a bunch of those cancelled because they were selling them at $5 or something?

2 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Yes! Hopefully this sticks and doesn't get taken down or rescinded by the label like Glassjaw's Worship & Tribute did for all those people who pre-ordered from Amazon only to get cancellation notices about it. That was a dark time.

For W&T weren't a bunch of those cancelled because they were selling them at $5 or something?

44 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yea, it definitely still came out and some of those low price orders were honored (mine included).

46 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

That sounds vaguely familiar but what I really remember is that  a bunch of people pre-ordered on amazon, then when RSD came and went only a handful of orders were fulfilled by amazon and a bunch of members here inquired which actually prompted someone from the label, Roadrunner or the parent label, I think it was Warner Bros., but either way, they sent an official statement saying that the LP was only a special RSD limited release and sorry to anyone whose order was not fulfilled but that was it. Of course a year or two later a new press came out silently and was available on the cheap from the eBay sellers oddbanana and soundcitybeaches and a few others. Now the MOV edition is crazy cheap from multiple sellers. I have yet to grab that edition but I've been thinking about jumping on it lately.

Really happy this is happening for those that missed on the way too limited colored variants. One reason I'm happy is because this really does sound good. I got my D2C copy on Friday, and I was very cautious going in, but I was very happy most of the way through as the audio really sounds great and my pressing was very quiet. It won't win any audiophile awards but it was a great experience listening through the records. 

Oh, and if you haven't seen it,  the D2C or "bone and blood", isn't really white and red, the white is more a beige cream for "bone", and the red is just a tad darker maroon for "blood". Pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

Yea, it definitely still came out and some of those low price orders were honored (mine included).

(Mine too)

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

That sounds vaguely familiar but what I really remember is that  a bunch of people pre-ordered on amazon, then when RSD came and went only a handful of orders were fulfilled by amazon and a bunch of members here inquired which actually prompted someone from the label, Roadrunner or the parent label, I think it was Warner Bros., but either way, they sent an official statement saying that the LP was only a special RSD limited release and sorry to anyone whose order was not fulfilled but that was it. Of course a year or two later a new press came out silently and was available on the cheap from the eBay sellers oddbanana and soundcitybeaches and a few others. Now the MOV edition is crazy cheap from multiple sellers. I have yet to grab that edition but I've been thinking about jumping on it lately.

Ah, these must be two separate instances.

Yeah, it was right after RSD 2011. People who passed up grabbing a copy in their physical stores because they had amazon pre-orders going at the time were especially pissed when they received the letter saying there would be no more. But again, it all worked out because more did become available from the original label and then the MOV press came out shortly after. 

bP5EHr8.png

QkAEGOe.png

giphy.gif

Seemed like a pretty chill dude here on the boards, but it's cool to see that it's possible to exploit an employee acquaintance to make a quick buck.  I've been doing it wrong this whole time.  Glad it went to a true fan who opened it up to look at the purdy colors and then shelved it, and not some loser who purchased a VIP package and showed up early.  (Not me, by the way.)  "Hahaha nerds" indeed.  I get that shit happens, and I spotted a recent thread that he created, where he's selling an Alexisonfire boxset on account of sudden (alleged) bills.  Maybe I don't know 100% of the story, and I get that bills suck – but they're a part of life, and abusing a venue hookup is still a pretty shitty thing to do, in my opinion.  Dude could've easily sold it for $70 here on the boards and doubled up.

It wouldn't be so bad if just 2 pages later, he didn't encourage everyone to jump on someone else selling the same record for a third of the price he's listing his for.

0MtY5zZ.png

People fucking suck.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

bP5EHr8.png

QkAEGOe.png

giphy.gif

Seemed like a pretty chill dude here on the boards, but it's cool to see that it's possible to exploit an employee acquaintance to make a quick buck.  I've been doing it wrong this whole time.  Glad it went to a true fan who opened it up to look at the purdy colors and then shelved it, and not some loser who purchased a VIP package and showed up early.  (Not me, by the way.)  "Hahaha nerds" indeed.  I get that shit happens, and I spotted a recent thread that he created, where he's selling an Alexisonfire boxset on account of sudden (alleged) bills.  Maybe I don't know 100% of the story, and I get that bills suck – but they're a part of life, and abusing a venue hookup is still a pretty shitty thing to do, in my opinion.  Dude could've easily sold it for $70 here on the boards and doubled up.

It wouldn't be so bad if just 2 pages later, he didn't encourage everyone to jump on someone else selling the same record for a third of the price he's listing his for.

0MtY5zZ.png

People fucking suck.

Pretty rotten of him.

6 minutes ago, ksleap said:

This is some VC Detective work at its finest. 

Probably less than you'd think.  I don't really fuck with eBay these days, but I do browse my Discogs want-list pretty often.  Sometimes on the hunt to secure the proverbial white whale, and other times just to see what elusive variants are going for.  This one sprouted up and I just happened to recognize the seller name.

Yeah, that's pretty lame. I'd love to have this variant, but I passed on it at cost (because $100 for 3 copies of the same record is currently too excessive for me). Sucks that people do this AND especially using a venue employee as a connection. In the words of the collective internet: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yeah, that's pretty lame. I'd love to have this variant, but I passed on it at cost (because $100 for 3 copies of the same record is currently too excessive for me). Sucks that people do this AND especially using a venue employee as a connection. In the words of the collective internet: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't forget the hypocrisy though.  Might by favorite bit.  It really is the wew-ribbon that ties off the whole sketchy package.

That gif.  Why?

21 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Where's @Rottengoth to respond to this? Let's get this drama train running.

There's probably not much to say and I don't think anyone wants to read a potential back-forth between him and anyone else willing to fire shots at him.  The prior thread was locked for going off the rails and getting nasty, and I wasn't aspiring to get this one locked, either.