Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 1 [Standard Release]

36 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Nope, there was someplace in the last few months that burned down that contained a bunch of lacquers and I think masters used to make those lacquers for upcoming releases.

Doesn’t that not effect represses though? That saying if they have the lacquers for stashed safely. 

On 3/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Nope, there was someplace in the last few months that burned down that contained a bunch of lacquers and I think masters used to make those lacquers for upcoming releases.

Yeah, my understanding is that they were merely a supply company who manufactured the blank lacquer discs that were used in the mastering process for cutting the LP's. I don't recall seeing anything about that company, who was one of the world's only suppliers of such material, holding any actually cut master lacquers nor master tapes/hard drives.

9 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Yeah, my understanding is that they were merely a supply company who manufactured the blank lacquer discs that were used in the mastering process for cutting the LP's. I don't recall seeing anything about that company, who was one of the world's only suppliers of such material, holding any actually cut master lacquers nor master tapes/hard drives.

Ah, ok. I had only skimmed an article about it. You're likely right.

5 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Ah, ok. I had only skimmed an article about it. You're likely right.

Just re-checked an article from Rolling Stone and it confirmed what I thought was true. You had me second guessing myself but I was pretty sure no cutting was actually being done at that plant and they merely manufactured the discs.