Jump to content
nsmitty

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 1 [Standard Release]

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Nope, there was someplace in the last few months that burned down that contained a bunch of lacquers and I think masters used to make those lacquers for upcoming releases.

Doesn’t that not effect represses though? That saying if they have the lacquers for stashed safely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Nope, there was someplace in the last few months that burned down that contained a bunch of lacquers and I think masters used to make those lacquers for upcoming releases.

Yeah, my understanding is that they were merely a supply company who manufactured the blank lacquer discs that were used in the mastering process for cutting the LP's. I don't recall seeing anything about that company, who was one of the world's only suppliers of such material, holding any actually cut master lacquers nor master tapes/hard drives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Yeah, my understanding is that they were merely a supply company who manufactured the blank lacquer discs that were used in the mastering process for cutting the LP's. I don't recall seeing anything about that company, who was one of the world's only suppliers of such material, holding any actually cut master lacquers nor master tapes/hard drives.

Ah, ok. I had only skimmed an article about it. You're likely right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Ah, ok. I had only skimmed an article about it. You're likely right.

Just re-checked an article from Rolling Stone and it confirmed what I thought was true. You had me second guessing myself but I was pretty sure no cutting was actually being done at that plant and they merely manufactured the discs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×