PO: The National - Sleep Well Beast

On 04/09/2017 at 10:49 PM, dantheriver said:

I don't think Barnes and Noble are notorious for allowing orders they can't fulfil to be placed. You can probably relax those fingers. Unless you want to keep them crossed that the album makes it over to you without getting trashed by the journey.

On 04/09/2017 at 11:31 PM, JohnMatrix said:

I have never had B&N not sell what they have on their site. I think we're good

raw

15 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

This is definitely the first time there has been any issues on my end when it comes to B&N. But I guess their motto is go big or go home because wow was this bad. 

You forget about the fiasco with David Bowie "Blackstar."

I was one of the "lucky ones" who ordered it before he died. 

Many others did not get their pre-orders.

I wanna share my National origin story too...

Never heard of these guys until I saw them play Blood Buzz Ohio live on Mark Hoppus's short lived Fuse show (Amy Schumer was his co-host, it was a weird time). I was working graveyard shift at the time and was off that night, was full of malt liquor at 4am, and rewound/ watched them play this song 10 times in a row. The next afternoon I woke up and immediately imported a purple copy of High Violet because it was the only copy I could find available online at the time. Ebay mark up, good times.

46 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

Yeah, as my Jason-Molina-avatar-brother said, CD. All the performances are from 2014, except for Brainy, which is from 2013. Not sure if you can order it as an import, I may have gotten mine through nefarious means. 

• 4 weeks later...

B&N can go to hell! So I've only just received a package from them now (over a month since shipped) expecting Sleep Well Beast and fuck me it is some other album. Ryuichi Sakamoto. Never again! Stick to books you useless wankers! Been holding off buying it in my local due to expecting this. Whats the best way to contact them? Every time i have emailed them through their website i get a not delivered email. Live chat??

3 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

B&N can go to hell! So I've only just received a package from them now (over a month since shipped) expecting Sleep Well Beast and fuck me it is some other album. Ryuichi Sakamoto. Never again! Stick to books you useless wankers! Been holding off buying it in my local due to expecting this. Whats the best way to contact them? Every time i have emailed them through their website i get a not delivered email. Live chat??