PO SOON: As Cities Burn - Son, I Loved You at Your Darkest repress

2 hours ago, billya said:

drawcody is the type of whiny entitled little bitch that makes me glad not to work in mailorder anymore. He didn't take your money yet. He's working on getting a product with long lead times made, and the process is at the discretion of a major label for whom this project is likely not a priority. That doesn't outweigh bringing up an unrelated product when someone is promoting a new release and then going on a message board to bash them on the "being a total ass" scale.

And writing to someone on Twitter is hardly "putting them in a corner", unless you have a million followers and you're calling them out.

Awe thanks! I really value the opinion of someone like you! Us whiny entitled bitches really need to be put in our place. 

3 hours ago, drawcody said:

I totally disagree on most points made about HOHW. If I'm promoting a product like Brent did with As Cities Burn on twitter last year, and I announce it's going to be released in December. I don't just go radio silent when December Rolls around. Regardless of how complicated it is. You post something saying, hey guys it's taking longer than anticipated. Instead he just ignored anyone asking questions about it and replies sacastically when someone puts you in a corner.  

I dont  have a problem with his response to me. I thought it was funny in a sarcastic way. Hence my sarcastic reply. I've  been a long time Broken Circles fan, and I purchase a lot of their music. But you can't promise a date that you're going to be there at seven, show up at 9 and say, well just be glad I showed up. If Brent can't handle my sass then oh well. 

I have never made a single public facing post announcing this ACB release and claiming a release date at all, simply to avoid little entitled fuckheads like you crying because they can't order a record that doesn't exist yet. I would love for you to show everyone a Broken Circles social media post that has an exact release date and isn't a reply to someone. I know that task is impossible for you. The band posted that it was happening on Facebook before they had any information other than it was happening. That post has caused more problems than it has helped. If they hadn't made it, you wouldn't know it was coming out, and you wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

I can't wait to show you what being an ass really entails after I refund your order when it finally gets put up for sale.

I used to like posting on this message board. There was an actual community of people that valued the music first and foremost. People actually supported the labels and the bands instead of treating them like some evil entity that's out to fuck them over and take their money. I think if some of you knew and understood the amount of effort it takes to press vinyl and run a label, you'd stop running your pathetic little mouths every time something didn't line up exactly to whatever overinflated expectation you happened to have at that moment.

And if your response is some "customer is always right" bullshit, you might as well not even hit reply.

Shout to the chill OGs like Daegor and billya who are still holding it down on here.

13 minutes ago, cactusbot said:

I have never made a single public facing post announcing this ACB release and claiming a release date at all, simply to avoid little entitled fuckheads like you crying because they can't order a record that doesn't exist yet. I would love for you to show everyone a Broken Circles social media post that has an exact release date and isn't a reply to someone. I know that task is impossible for you. The band posted that it was happening on Facebook before they had any information other than it was happening. That post has caused more problems than it has helped. If they hadn't made it, you wouldn't know it was coming out, and you wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

I can't wait to show you what being an ass really entails after I refund your order when it finally gets put up for sale.

I used to like posting on this message board. There was an actual community of people that valued the music first and foremost. People actually supported the labels and the bands instead of treating them like some evil entity that's out to fuck them over and take their money. I think if some of you knew and understood the amount of effort it takes to press vinyl and run a label, you'd stop running your pathetic little mouths every time something didn't line up exactly to whatever overinflated expectation you happened to have at that moment.

And if your response is some "customer is always right" bullshit, you might as well not even hit reply.

Shout to the chill OGs like Daegor and billya who are still holding it down on here.

Wow, just wow. You have problems man. All I made was a sarcastic remark to get some info and you all blew it out of proportion. You're now claiming to cancel any future orders that I make? Are you serious? I've been in retail and customer service my entire career. Take a joke. 

Thank god your career is in retail and not as a comedian because that was one of the worst fucking jokes I've ever heard in my life. I can take a joke. That wasn't a joke, it's just you trying to backpedal like the loser that you are.

Taking to a message board to call me out as a "total ass" for not giving you the answer you wanted is not sarcasm. It's you being an entitled dickhead and nothing else.

42 minutes ago, cactusbot said:

I think your response is really aggressive and you are just doing exactly what you said you hate about the board. You are literally no better than the people you are calling out by calling him a fuckhead or anyone else a fuckhead on the board.  This isn't meant to be a smart ass post but please take a second and read his message than read yours, yours is 10 times more aggressive. Also he never actually said you were being an ass he said you showed "Sass." 

Edit: I also see he said you were an ass in a previous post on some other channel, so I apologize 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

2 minutes ago, billya said:

Did you read the thread, because:

Yeah, but this part (the entire rest of his post) is true:

5 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I think your response is really aggressive and you are just doing exactly what you said you hate about the board. You are literally no better than the people you are calling out by calling him a fuckhead or anyone else a fuckhead on the board.  This isn't meant to be a smart ass post but please take a second and read his message than read yours, yours is 10 times more aggressive.

9 minutes ago, billya said:

9 minutes ago, billya said:

Yeah that post I never saw, but still he said he was being an ass in which cactusbot responded with using such phrasing as "Stop bitching" "running your Pathetic little Mouths" "Fuckheads" "I'll show you what being an ass really entails" hmmmmmmm I think those words outweigh being called an ass and really just show that cactusbot really is an ass. And I am not trying to pour gasoline on this fire, but come on his response is so ridiculous, I don't care if people are asking you about a release or not! They are fans and are curious, that's the price of running a record label or pressing company. Yeah it may get collectively annoying being asked the same question, but there is no reason for hostility. 

You're like Russel Crowe trying to fight the paparazzi 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

Not sure if I just come across as just a asshole online, or what the deal is. I'm just a dude working his ass off at a shitty job to buy vinyl because I love music. I used to really like this forum because I could connect with people who had similar mindsets and opinions. And sometimes chat with artists and labels releasing cool stuff. Lately I feel like it's just more and more shit with people bashing on each other for a silly comment.  Not trying to troll. Just trying to enjoy music and conversation. Don't take what you read on a forum personally, because it isn't. Love As Cities Burn, have always supported Broken Circles and their artists, and I love vinyl because it's fun. Probably just going to stop posting on this site. Read only and DM's from here on out. 

Thank you very much gentlemen. It was fun while it lasted. 

7 minutes ago, drawcody said:

Not sure if I just come across as just a asshole online, or what the deal is. I'm just a dude working his ass off at a shitty job to buy vinyl because I love music. I used to really like this forum because I could connect with people who had similar mindsets and opinions. And sometimes chat with artists and labels releasing cool stuff. Lately I feel like it's just more and more shit with people bashing on each other for a silly comment.  Not trying to troll. Just trying to enjoy music and conversation. Don't take what you read on a forum personally, because it isn't. Love As Cities Burn, have always supported Broken Circles and their artists, and I love vinyl because it's fun. Probably just going to stop posting on this site. Read only and DM's from here on out. 

What it really is is people praising the assholes as awesome people because they want to be looked at as cool. That is why people being rude runs rampant, people don't want to be that guy complaining so they upvote the asshole and go on about their day. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

7 hours ago, daegor said:

Brent can totally bring the sass

Aaaaand he just did.

5 minutes ago, drawcody said:

You acted entitled and called Brent out over literally nothing, then he told you where to stick it.  Overreaction?  Sure, from both of you.

Part of what you don't realize is that there is a LOOONG history between ACB, Broken Circles, and VC harassing Brent about pressings.

1.) Repress?  Nice. 

2.) Brent rules. He nailed it when he said "if anyone knew..." - it takes an oppressingly long time to get these coveted pieces of plastic ready for retail and the WORST part is when people find out something is coming and then proceed to literally *badger* you about when they can buy it.  Just remember that fielding emails/tweets/texts/whatever only slows the process down. The "process" includes shipping, so every "where's my tracking number" email you send is just a drain. 

Just chill out. Not just for this release, but for EVERY release. It will be available when it's available and not a minute sooner. 

46 minutes ago, cactusbot said:

Austin, there is literally no room on this message board, especially this thread, for you to be using logic. It seems it's been banned here.

The problem is that too many label folks got fed up and left & now there isn't enough logic/reason being posted. 

There is a reason that I don't announce any release until I already have the records in my hands. I couldn't take it anymore. 

Edited by mindovermatter

On 5/11/2017 at 3:14 PM, cactusbot said:

I have never made a single public facing post announcing this ACB release and claiming a release date at all, simply to avoid little entitled fuckheads like you crying because they can't order a record that doesn't exist yet.

B-b-b-but YOU PROMISEDDDDDDDDD

Image result for rivers cuomo crying