PO: Dead Cross (Mike Patton)

Dead Cross, the Southern California outfit featuring Dave Lombardo (ex-Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, Misfits), Justin Pearson (The Locust, Retox, Head Wound City) and Michael Crain (Retox, Festival of Dead Deer), have added Mike Patton as the band’s singer.

Two variants. 

Gold vinyl (2000 pressed)

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25160375/dead-cross-dead-cross-gold-vinyl

Red w/ black swirl

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/25160373/dead-cross-dead-cross-red-w-black-swirl-vinyl

Edited by Velocity of Sound
Press count

Neat-o. But I'll wait to hear more - "Gave Slave" is interesting but I'm not in love with it.

Also I don't listen to much metal these days, and it's certainly not what I tend to play at home in the living room. Especially since I've just moved back into an apartment. Probably just something I'll stream and download if I like it.

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Leaked. Did not deliver for me

Both Patton and Lombardo have always been a bit eclectic. And when they both come together? Well... You get stuff like Fantomas (which I fucking love to death and wish it was on fucking vinyl!!)Which was a miss for a lot of Slayer and Faith No More fans. But I've only heard a few songs and I'm stoked! I'm hearing a bit of Fantomas and Retox in those few songs

3 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Both Patton and Lombardo have always been a bit eclectic. And when they both come together? Well... You get stuff like Fantomas (which I fucking love to death and wish it was on fucking vinyl!!)Which was a miss for a lot of Slayer and Faith No More fans. But I've only heard a few songs and I'm stoked! I'm hearing a bit of Fantomas and Retox in those few songs

Did you not know this was available?? http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16968263/fantomas-wunderkammer

Packaging leaves a little bit to be desired, but the albums sound great and the price is right. Surprised it's still available.

But yeah, I can see why some people may not be into this album, but after two listens it's pretty much exactly what I expected -- which is fucking rad.

5 minutes ago, GhostTrail said:

Did you not know this was available?? http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16968263/fantomas-wunderkammer

Packaging leaves a little bit to be desired, but the albums sound great and the price is right. Surprised it's still available.

I did not!!! Apparently it was supposed to be a record store day exclusive but never made it in time?

Hopefully it's still available next month. It's all five Albums. I was actually wishing for S/T  and director's cut. But shit all at once would be even better!

5 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

I did not!!! Apparently it was supposed to be a record store day exclusive but never made it in time?

Hopefully it's still available next month. It's all five Albums. I was actually wishing for S/T  and director's cut. But shit all at once would be even better!

Yeah, I think it ended up being out like 2-3 weeks later. I guess that just goes to show how much RSD stuff is just bought during the craze of the event since these are still out there.  But I also don't think it was ever stated how many copies were available, so it could have been a very large run as well. S/T and Director's Cut are definitely my favorites as well. Now I really wish that Millennium Monsterworks would get pressed.

12 hours ago, GhostTrail said:

Yeah, I think it ended up being out like 2-3 weeks later. I guess that just goes to show how much RSD stuff is just bought during the craze of the event since these are still out there.  But I also don't think it was ever stated how many copies were available, so it could have been a very large run as well. S/T and Director's Cut are definitely my favorites as well. Now I really wish that Millennium Monsterworks would get pressed.

I believe there were 5000 made? I purchased this purely for Directors Cut phenomenal album the rest is fine but I can take it or leave it.

Definitely need to give this New band a go though killer line up 

Listened a few more times. 

In my opinion, the music is underwhelming. It certainly has the Patton vocal patterns and weirdness, but the song structures under that is mostly generic and blast beats/thrash/noise

I think some of the things that made FNM , Tomahawk and Bungle so great was the overall songwriting and contributions throughout the songs.  This doesnt have that feel to me like Fantomas doesnt either

Just my opinion but I will go see them live.

This is pretty great!

It bears very little resemblance to Fantomas for mine, more like FNM meets Sick of it All with a little more post hardcore  vibe thrown in. I can imagine the pit opening up for some 2 stepping and windmills, while Patton hands the mic to the front row in parts

Edited by 2notepockets

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the red copy and I must say that this is some excellent music! To anyone who has not liked the singles that have been released, please give the entire record a chance. Remember, this album was written before Patton joined the ranks. Lyrics we're written as a result of hearing the pre-recorded songs.

• 4 years later...