PO: Broken Social Scene - Hug Of Thunder 2 LP on clear vinyl

4 hours ago, augustus said:

Mine showed up today!

Never received an email or tracking from A&C, tho. 

Got the Coke bottle clear. Looks and sounds mint. 

Damn lucky, i am a bit worried i might not get the clear though i remember not seeing the sold out sign on the site.

whats it say in your order status? Heard the gatefold has a book in the middle of it which is dope

29 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

Damn lucky, i am a bit worried i might not get the clear though i remember not seeing the sold out sign on the site.

whats it say in your order status? Heard the gatefold has a book in the middle of it which is dope

Still says pending. 

The booklet is sweet. Doesn't really add much thickness to the package. 

But this pressing is clean and super QUIET. 

2 hours ago, augustus said:

Still says pending. 

The booklet is sweet. Doesn't really add much thickness to the package. 

But this pressing is clean and super QUIET. 

Awesome thanks for letting me know, so theres a chance i can get it this weekend and Im glad about the pressing.  

It seems they really tried to make this a special package (im kind of sick of clear vinyl) but the color fits the package.  Any other cool goodies? I saw someone on insta with a ring or pin?  The note they sent was cool

On 7/5/2017 at 7:50 PM, Subdomestic said:

I'm doing local pickup at A&C's office and I haven't heard anything from them yet either. Maybe they're waiting until Friday.

*edit*

When I log into my account through the Arts & Crafts website, it doesn't show up in my order history either; all I see is the downloads. However, if I go through the link in my order confirmation email it's there.

I'm doing local pickup as well and it was still in my order history yesterday, but not today.

I emailed them to see what's up and hopefully I'll be able to pick it up today.

1 hour ago, voltagedrop said:

I'm doing local pickup as well and it was still in my order history yesterday, but not today.

I emailed them to see what's up and hopefully I'll be able to pick it up today.

Mine  is still in my order history today but shows up as "pending".

Post back when you hear from them.

2 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

Mine  is still in my order history today but shows up as "pending".

Post back when you hear from them.

I'm not holding my breath. A+C are notorious for not responding (which is one of the reasons why I very rarely order from them anymore). 
Kind of annoying everyone else is getting theirs and we're not getting any notification for pickup.

Just got mine in and i still have pending status too.

packaging is beautiful.  Self titled is a nice gatefold as is Forgiveness Rock Record but those still lacked proper inner sleeves.  You Forgot it has the best cover but terrible package (single sleeve for double vinyl)

but this is beautiful. Love the lyric book being a part of the packaging.  The clear is different from any other clear i got, has a greenish tint to it. 

I would have loved it if it was embossed or had some felt material on it but thatd prob raise the cost.  Only thing is I did not get a thank you not like some have.  Maybe a canada thing? Cause this seems to be shipped from a us warehouse

16 hours ago, daddyseth said:

Could anyone share a recording of the bonus song Old Dead Young? I'll take anything, I'm a big fan but strapped for cash. So if you seriously just want to hold your phone next to the player I'll be okay. I just really want to hear that song.

I've Pmd you the download card for my vinyl. You can have it. It might not be on there but yours anyway. 

On 7/7/2017 at 2:59 PM, idioteque... said:

Just got mine in and i still have pending status too.

packaging is beautiful.  Self titled is a nice gatefold as is Forgiveness Rock Record but those still lacked proper inner sleeves.  You Forgot it has the best cover but terrible package (single sleeve for double vinyl)

but this is beautiful. Love the lyric book being a part of the packaging.  The clear is different from any other clear i got, has a greenish tint to it. 

I would have loved it if it was embossed or had some felt material on it but thatd prob raise the cost.  Only thing is I did not get a thank you not like some have.  Maybe a canada thing? Cause this seems to be shipped from a us warehouse

got home to this at my front door last night.  packaging is great.

I picked mine up from the A&C office during lunch and I'm keeping it boxed up until I get home tonight.

I didn't really like Forgiveness Rock Record (I LOVE the self-titled) so I'm hoping it's a little different. 

How do you guys think it stacks up against their other albums?

*edit*

Had a chance to spin it tonight and my favourite songs are "Mouth Guards of the Apocalypse",  "Stay Happy", "Old Dead Young",  and "Towers and Masons".

I guess YFIIP and s/t will always have their place in the discography so there's no need to remake them.  Now I'm curious how much influence Dave Newfeld had on those two records. I'd just love to hear these guys make another song like "Almost Crimes" or "Ibi Dreams of Pavement".

Edited by Subdomestic

13 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Did you happen to see if they had anymore lying around the office? I work a block from them and missed out on the coke bottle! 

When I picked up mine, the receptionist went to a side room with all the orders sitting around. You wouldn't be able to tell which one is which because they're all in boxes/packaging.

1 hour ago, voltagedrop said:

When I picked up mine, the receptionist went to a side room with all the orders sitting around. You wouldn't be able to tell which one is which because they're all in boxes/packaging.

Yep, mine was the same. The girl got it from a different room and it was already packaged and bagged with my name on it. 

If you're nearby it wouldn't hurt to just stop by and ask. They have a nice office. There's some cool memorabilia up on the walls and an awesome translucent glass thing of the s/t artwork.

Side note - I just found out that June Records has copies of the red pressing of the s/t album. Collection is one step closer to complete ☺