Po Now: Goo Goo Dolls First Four Albums

Self titled, Jed, Hold Me Up, and Superstar Carwash are being repressed coming July 7th. Po up at Src, yeah yeah, didn't see anything yet at BM or Amazon or the like. Under 20 like the other RP from them so thats neat.

https://www.srcvinyl.com/searchanise/result/?q=The+Goo+Goo+Dolls&page=1&rb_categories=Pre+Order&mc_cid=e1b82af569&mc_eid=9832aff5ba

I picked up the box set, mainly for the "Superstar Car Wash", but at some point over time, my copy of "Jed" went missing as well.  I compared the reissues of the first LP and "Hold Me Up" to the originals (my copy of HMU was the UK pressing) and the new pressings sound great.  Almost no difference in sonic quality.  

I didn't do any critical listening, but I thought the LPs from the box set sounded excellent as well.

I couldn't believe that "f-ing up takes practice" was censored on Only One, though. It's subtle, but it's certainly censored. I forgot to check my stand alone copy. Nothing like waiting 20 years to release a million seller only to somehow use the radio edit of a single. I couldn't believe it.

Just throwing it out there, their latest EP "You Could Be Happy" could go close to my favourite GGD release of all time...

How can they release 3 albums of mundane mediocrity (i mean SFTROU and Magnetic definitely had their moments) and then come out with 3 of the best songs they've ever released out of nowhere?

Any GGD fan of the 90s needs to give their latest EP a listen. It's bafflingly great...

Edited by beags

3 hours ago, beags said:

Just throwing it out there, their latest LP could go close to my favourite GGD release of all time...

How can they release 3 albums of mundane mediocrity (i mean SFTROU and Magnetic definitely had their moments) and then come out with 3 of the best songs they've ever released out of nowhere?

Any GGD fan of the 90s needs to give their latest EP a listen. It's bafflingly great...

Are you taking about Boxes? If so, it is really damn good. Not an EP though. 

3 hours ago, axotyl said:

there is a new ep that came out this month called "you should be happy"

Oh gotcha. Didn't know they had released something so recently. 

1 hour ago, beags said:

Edited. Thanks.

I really struggled with Boxes, but this EP is absolutely incredible...

I loved Boxes actually. My local shop had it on sale so I got a real cheap copy of the LP. I'll definitely check out the EP though. 

14 hours ago, beags said:

Just throwing it out there, their latest EP "You Could Be Happy" could go close to my favourite GGD release of all time...

Any GGD of the 90s can ignore everything above...this EP is more of the same garbage they've been churning out forever. I can't believe I thought for a split second this would even be halfway decent.