The Cribs 7" #yearofhate (limited to 247)

So "The Cribs" posted this cryptic message on twitter earlier.

The numbers are coordinates for 4 record shops where the limited 7" will be available. Limited to 247 copies in total.

10am GMT: Crash Records, Leeds

1pm GMT: Banquet Records, Bracknell

4pm GMT: Sister Ray, Soho

10am PST: Jackpot Records, Portland

Everything will be in-shop only apparently. Crash Records is already sold out. (see their twitter https://twitter.com/Crash_Records)

For me it will be impossible to get a copy, since I live in Germany, but maybe sombody here is lucky.

DAa-Z49W0AAKXIT.jpg

Edited by Recon

I managed to get one of these as I had a day off work and live close to Banquet. From what I've been told by a few people they have recorded a new album and this is a promo 7" of a track called Year Of Hate which is going to be on the new album. There's a runout etching of "24/7 rockstar shit www.thecribs.com/247" but that URL currently redirects you to a mailing list, I assume the link will go live at some point this week and the album could follow as soon as this weekend!

It's hand-numbered out of 247, each store is getting around 15-20 copies

8 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

My company's U.K. location is a few miles from Crash. But those elitist bastards probably have another bank holiday today.

Sooooo which VC friends live near Soho or Portlandia??

Daaang, I work all day today and tomorrow and doubt I'd be able to make it on time!

Jackpot in Portland just got their allotment of these 7" in yesterday. I had a friend pick one up for me. The 7" was free with the pre-order of their new LP, which I'm thinking is probably the Steve Albini album that was recorded around the same time as "For All My Sisters". Apparently the Albini album is the punk album to FAMS' pop album. There may be more 7" left, but I really don't know. 

5 minutes ago, futurepasttense said:

Jackpot in Portland just got their allotment of these 7" in yesterday. I had a friend pick one up for me. The 7" was free with the pre-order of their new LP, which I'm thinking is probably the Steve Albini album that was recorded around the same time as "For All My Sisters". Apparently the Albini album is the punk album to FAMS' pop album. There may be more 7" left, but I really don't know. 

Jealous! That's great news about the album though. Cannot wait.

On 2017-5-25 at 5:36 PM, futurepasttense said:

Did they mention a release date at all? 

• 1 month later...