PO: Poison The Well - You Come Before You repress

2 hours ago, 1876records said:

all I read in Backbite’s statement was “we are a shit label with shit attention to detail and zero integrity”

That's some poor reading comprehension then. They did what they legally needed to do. Their attention to detail may be shit, but the other bits are way off.

Like I said, this is some Mars Volta-esque level crybabying.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

It's been a while since we've had a good official and unofficial bootleg debate here.... GO!

This isn't a bootleg at all. If you read the comments in the post on  PTW instagram  someone says "they should report the bootleg and have it pulled from discogs so it cant be sold." In which they reply "They have the rights to release it, we just weren't consulted and therefore don't support it because we weren't there to maintain quality control or offer anything extra."

18 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

This isn't a bootleg at all. If you read the comments in the post on  PTW instagram  someone says "they should report the bootleg and have it pulled from discogs so it cant be sold." In which they reply "They have the rights to release it, we just weren't consulted and therefore don't support it because we weren't there to maintain quality control or offer anything extra."

I’m fully aware. But there are some people who feel strongly that if the band doesn’t approve it’s still a bootleg. Hence the official (those with every right to press but no band approval) vs unofficial (actual bootleg) argument.

5 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I’m fully aware. But there are some people who feel strongly that if the band doesn’t approve it’s still a bootleg. Hence the official (those with every right to press but no band approval) vs unofficial (actual bootleg) argument.

That's a question more of the ethical nature not official nature. People should realize that but they don't. 

Additionally backbite stated they contacted the band but never got a reply. So what else should have been done? The owner of the rights (warner) approved the repress, so should they not do anything due to lack of answer from poison the well? Of course no.

Edited by anchorlessbodies

57 minutes ago, anchorlessbodies said:

Additionally backbite stated they contacted the band but never got a reply. So what else should have been done? The owner of the rights (warner) approved the repress, so should they not do anything due to lack of answer from the poison the well? Of course no.

The only thing these guys did wrong was skim over the artwork approval phase.

6 hours ago, anchorlessbodies said:

Totally agree.  By the way, any picture about the screen printed version? I haven't seen one yet, is it struggling with the same typo issue?

I emailed Backbite and they said they have to rework the screen print and will be shipping it out this weekend. Most probably the same typo.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, tintimtim12 said:

I'm selling it for a fair price. It is still in the  factory  sealing!  I'm contacting a professional to find out what its worth and what is a fair price. 

Dude, take it to Vegas...You can negotiate your price on Pawn Stars and get a photo with ChumLee at the same time

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, redroom said:

So why that price if you're not expecting anyone to buy it? 

If it was $80 I would be interested 🙂

On 1/7/2019 at 10:29 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

If I had to guess, I'd say...whatever someone is willing to pay for it.   Ya welcome.

That is the best help I got... I'm a uneducated swine that has happened to walk across a beautiful gem that is out of my league :wub:  

Edited by tintimtim12