Any VC musicians with home recording equipment interested in helping me out?

I've been recording at home since I was 12, and have done my darndest to keep up with the hobby as an adult, but with a full career, two soon-to-be three kids at home, and limited space to record, I'm finding it hard to get my music done.  Last summer I put together most of an album, and I would say it's roughly 80-85% done, but it needs some help.  It's mostly an indie rock/bedroom pop/roots rock record wearing its Wilco influence on its sleeve, though I'm modelling the sound on Beulah's When Your Heartstrings Break, Wheat's Hope and Adams, Jim Guthrie's Now More Than Ever, plus a whole bunch of other things.

Here's where I could use some help: there are a few instruments that need to be added/replace my tracks, so that I can finish this, and I was wondering if there are any VC musicians who would be interested in laying down some tracks at their houses to add to my songs.

The rough list:

-I need some electric guitar rhythm and lead parts re-done. I don't have a proper electric guitar in my house and used an acoustic through Logic's 'amps'. It sounds how you think it would.

-Piano/keys/synth - my playing is barely passable.

-Backup vocals - would be helpful in different places

-ambient/electronic noise - if you're an experimental artist, I have a few tracks that may need some sound/noise/ambiance

-an electronic drum beat - I made one for a track that sounds like a Casio keyboard, and would greatly appreciate an upgrade

-any other non-traditional instrument (got lots of guitars, violin and viola, and keys on the tracks, but would love anything unconventional)

If you're interested or considering this, send me a message and I'll share the Dropbox folder with the songs in their current state. You can listen to some of my past music via my signature. 

Ya had me at Beulah's "When Your Heart Strings Break" which is one of my favorite records ever 

I have non-computer based home recording equipment.  Buuuuut, I know my limitations and will not persue this project.  I am extremely interested in how this turns out though...based alone on the Beulah nod

40 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

Yes, such an amazing record and such an underappreciated band. 

Biggest regrets is passing on driving 3 hours to catch them on what ended up being their last tour...got to catch Miles a few years back with a full band at SXSW and it was pretty terrific 

7 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I've been recording at home since I was 12, and have done my darndest to keep up with the hobby as an adult, but with a full career, two soon-to-be three kids at home, and limited space to record, I'm finding it hard to get my music done.  Last summer I put together most of an album, and I would say it's roughly 80-85% done, but it needs some help.  It's mostly an indie rock/bedroom pop/roots rock record wearing its Wilco influence on its sleeve, though I'm modelling the sound on Beulah's When Your Heartstrings Break, Wheat's Hope and Adams, Jim Guthrie's Now More Than Ever, plus a whole bunch of other things.

Here's where I could use some help: there are a few instruments that need to be added/replace my tracks, so that I can finish this, and I was wondering if there are any VC musicians who would be interested in laying down some tracks at their houses to add to my songs.

The rough list:

-I need some electric guitar rhythm and lead parts re-done. I don't have a proper electric guitar in my house and used an acoustic through Logic's 'amps'. It sounds how you think it would.

-Piano/keys/synth - my playing is barely passable.

-Backup vocals - would be helpful in different places

-ambient/electronic noise - if you're an experimental artist, I have a few tracks that may need some sound/noise/ambiance

-an electronic drum beat - I made one for a track that sounds like a Casio keyboard, and would greatly appreciate an upgrade

-any other non-traditional instrument (got lots of guitars, violin and viola, and keys on the tracks, but would love anything unconventional)

If you're interested or considering this, send me a message and I'll share the Dropbox folder with the songs in their current state. You can listen to some of my past music via my signature. 

I'm so in, lets fucking do this thing.