New setup is too bright

a positive reply at last,haha.. the model is sony mhc rg 490,i have it for ten years i think.
im somehow relaxed about the leveling thing,im gonna try a torpedo level anyway just to see..
i also try an old pair of logitech speakers,i think the cart is bright and somehow lacks midrange.. also i see the VTF with digital gauze and its 1.6,the ortofon om10 is between 1.5-1.75 so its ok..

40 minutes ago, wire said:

a positive reply at last,haha.. the model is sony mhc rg 490,i have it for ten years i think.
im somehow relaxed about the leveling thing,im gonna try a torpedo level anyway just to see..
i also try an old pair of logitech speakers,i think the cart is bright and somehow lacks midrange.. also i see the VTF with digital gauze and its 1.6,the ortofon om10 is between 1.5-1.75 so its ok..

The Sony and your speakers are your problem.... You are using a mini all in one type system, which are known to be poor sounding. Your cart and table are leaps and bounds above your amplifier and speakers. Using the Logitech speakers will likely not help either. 

Technically what you are doing works, but you will not achieve anything resembling decent playback with that mini system.

Edited by Jlegg

You're fine. As long as it still picks up the tonearm at the end of the record when you lift the lever, it's doing its job.

As for the torpedo, I guess you mean something like this? https://www.google.si/search?q=torpedo+level&rlz=1C1GIGM_enSI548SI548&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwig2tjIj6TUAhXIE5oKHRCyCZ8Q_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=736

If it's magnetic it won't damage anything. But don't measure it by lowering the tonearm on a record and then putting this level on top of the tonearm. The extra weight can destroy your needle. Again, you don't really have to measure this at all because it is factory set to be the proper height.

I would return it, as I advised earlier. You will be happier in the loop g run with a different brand.

Is it too late to send it back?

You don't like the sound

The platter/spindle may be warped

The tonearm bearing seems to be screwed up

If you are trying to use the torpedo level to level the platter, it won't be anywhere near close enough to the cartridge to cause any damage, so no worry about the magnet. Never heard that one before.