Mike Vennart Thread (Vennart / Oceansize / British Theatre)

44 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

We might as well keep this thread alive and make it an all-things-related type of thread. There's enough of us following who are interested in more than this one album. @Gumbo72203 should rename it...

Yup, it’ll save me from posting in all my

other threads!

Mike also said there might be enough material for 2 records.

Fuck it, here’s the text:

Well hello

I'll keep this brief, cos in a few months I'll be caning the living HECK out of your inbox with news of the non-fake variety.

But first, the Vennart online emporium is not only having a SALE, but we're whetting your appetite for the inherent darkness that is THE SECOND VENNART ALBUM by offering you the chance to pre-order our new BLACK-ON-BLACK merch range. Sweaters and T-shirts to keep you safe from the cold and make you feel better about everything.

Yes indeed, THE SECOND VENNART ALBUM is cometh. I finished the writing bit of it a few months back, went ahead and booked the studio and Denzel, and then a few more songs have come about. So this album will be LONG. Maybe even more than one album. And that's OK isn't it? Because whoever said less is more is a prick, right?

It promises to be a wonderful record, as eclectic and confused as anything else i've done. It's got a few more riffs than last time around, more noise, more fuzz, more echo and is far less, dare I say, diatonic. Which is to say, some of the weird chord changes will make you PUKE. In a good way.

Stay safe this Christmas, as Mclusky said.

With love,

Mike Vennart

PS - Sorry about the capitals, I'm in a hurry and a bit excited.

xxxxxx

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, easteracrobat said:

I finally managed to get a copy of this and the second disc is badly warped and has some bad no fill towards the centre of side C. Real shame. Anyone else have any problems?

what do you mean by bad no fill? 

My copy had a number of scratches on the first tracks on Side A and C and the cover came super bent as well as with a taped-together mailer lol.  Matador denied responsibility for that one, so I have no idea what happened.

13 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

what do you mean by bad no fill? 

My copy had a number of scratches on the first tracks on Side A and C and the cover came super bent as well as with a taped-together mailer lol.  Matador denied responsibility for that one, so I have no idea what happened.

I meant non-fill, but tbh I'm not sure if that is the exact problem. Basically side C towards the centre is extremely noisy, which is particularly annoying as it's one of the quietest parts of the record. Anyway, the place I ordered from said I can send it back and receive a replacement. The mailer and sleeve arrived in perfect condition, so I can only imagine it was a problem with the pressing.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Mattallurgist said:

According to Mike yesterday the album pre-order might be live today, get y'all cards at the ready! 

(also according to some other tweets he posted over the weekend, the album might be out there somewhere...but I'm not too inclined to go searching for it myself.)

Yeah, apparently a someone from  a promo company leaked it.  I'm holding strong, for now.

So damn ready for this! Sounds like it's not been a smooth sailing release for him but I do hope the leak doesn't get around before the album drops. Haven't seen it pop up anywhere. Excited to see what pre-order goodies he has planned. I remember him asking for ideas a while ago.  Hoping for 1 more new track with the pre-order to tie me over until September!

5 hours ago, rickydenim said:

So damn ready for this! Sounds like it's not been a smooth sailing release for him but I do hope the leak doesn't get around before the album drops. Haven't seen it pop up anywhere. Excited to see what pre-order goodies he has planned. I remember him asking for ideas a while ago.  Hoping for 1 more new track with the pre-order to tie me over until September!

Excited and nervous that I'll be priced out of stuff.  I'm not really into the whole "super limited vinyl only in the $250 bundle" theme that's common these days.