Mike Vennart Thread (Vennart / Oceansize / British Theatre)

1 minute ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Ouchy. Pretty brutal stuff indeed. If it's just the extra tracks you're looking for I can possibly send them over or something?

The whole set is super nice.  It's completely worth what he's asking, especially with the bonus 12".  It certainly will jump in price once it sells out, but I'm pretty hesitant to pull the trigger at the moment.

Thanks for the offer man.  I'm sure they will make their way online legal and not-so legal channels.  But I really want to throw some money at him.  Not so much the Royal Air Mail though.

22 minutes ago, highfives said:

Send them an email at the info@vennart address.  They might be able to help.

Mike tweeted back at me that they'll continue investigating shipping costs, but I'm going to assume they are what they are. The Polaroids are already gone, too. :(

I had to sit out on all the vinyl preorders due to shipping costs. Hopefully the black variant makes it over to shops in North America...

On the bright side, I finally secured my handwritten lyrics of Music for a Nurse after missing the Demon Joke Pledge!

From his fb:

Hi everyone, Beth here, just to let you all know I'm working with our fulfilment company over the next day or two to see what we can do to improve on the cost of the service for shipping outside of the EU. For anyone that has already placed an order outside of the EU, if we can offer a better service we will make sure you get a refund of the difference! Also, please feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] if shipping is showing as not available for you as it means we need to add your country to the shipping options.Thanks for your patience whilst we get to grips with this...I'll post another update once things are sorted out!

Man, that new single is really Oceansize-y!  I like it!  Also, i'm not sure that the "live" video is live audio... even though its still cool to see all of Mike's crazy chords he uses. 

Hopefully this makes it stateside somehow...  I don't want to pay that shipping cost.  This comes to $56.07 in USD.  That's a lot. 

17 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Man, that new single is really Oceansize-y!  I like it!  Also, i'm not sure that the "live" video is live audio... even though its still cool to see all of Mike's crazy chords he uses. 

Hopefully this makes it stateside somehow...  I don't want to pay that shipping cost.  This comes to $56.07 in USD.  That's a lot. 

I'll update when they tell me what the new shipping cost will be. 

11 hours ago, rickydenim said:

Just saw Mike's post that these are actually made to order so can rest easy and wait for the shipping costs to be sorted. Phew!

Where’s the post?  When I asked Mike over email, he told me they were making 300.  But they’re holding anything people want while they sort the shipping out.

On 7/5/2018 at 1:54 AM, highfives said:

Where’s the post?  When I asked Mike over email, he told me they were making 300.  But they’re holding anything people want while they sort the shipping out.

Check out @Vennart’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Vennart/status/1014089252605497345?s=09

On 7/3/2018 at 5:38 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

If you compare it to the single audio, it is indeed live audio.  Which makes these dudes even more legendary than they already are.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Wondering if anyone could send me the new single Sentientia to my email? I've got the boxset on hold while they work out the shipping and I'm dying to hear the studio version. The live video is great but it's pretty spacey so I wanna hear it properly. Man the drums are killer on this one!