Mike Vennart Thread (Vennart / Oceansize / British Theatre)

No new news here, just wanting to express yet again how f**kin' good Oceansize were. Been listening to my ipod the last couple days, due to a road trip yesterday. Listening to it with the songs playing alphabetically and it just got to 'Amputee'. But yeah, this song crushes. Sad I never got to see them live. Still not sure they ever played in the US. 

12 hours ago, copelandkid said:

since we're bumping this, god what i wouldn't give for an affordable repress of Frames + EIP. see them regularly on my wishlist for a very hefty 3 figures.

I still can't believe I managed to snag one of the /100 red presses of Frames...love that record!

On 9/1/2020 at 12:32 PM, danyc said:

No new news here, just wanting to express yet again how f**kin' good Oceansize were. Been listening to my ipod the last couple days, due to a road trip yesterday. Listening to it with the songs playing alphabetically and it just got to 'Amputee'. But yeah, this song crushes. Sad I never got to see them live. Still not sure they ever played in the US. 

They did do one short tour in the USA in the early/mid 2000s that I have retroactively discovered. I think it was a mostly NE/West Coast run of dates, so even if I had known who they were I likely couldn’t have afforded a trip and show.

• 2 months later...

So new music is here! New track 'Super Sleuth' is streaming on his website here. Killer track! On his social he said the album is dropping Friday. This guy doesn't muck around, have been following his writing/tracking via his Patreon and can't believe how quick this is moving. As always, super keen to hear what he does. 

8 hours ago, rickydenim said:

So new music is here! New track 'Super Sleuth' is streaming on his website here. Killer track! On his social he said the album is dropping Friday. This guy doesn't muck around, have been following his writing/tracking via his Patreon and can't believe how quick this is moving. As always, super keen to hear what he does. 

Also surprised on how quickly it was finished.  

I’m guessing we’ll see a preorder Friday but won’t see physical product for a while.  And although I love that deluxe Blizzard set, I’m kinda hoping there isn’t another box set I have to buy 😂

4 hours ago, Kyte30351 said:

I like the new album, but not infinitely sad that I missed out on the vinyl. I really like what he’s doin’ solo, much like Steven Wilson. 

Why „miss“? It’s still available. 

regarding SW: I’m a huge fan since In Absentia was released and always bought all this limited funky shit he sold. This new record is the first one for which I cancelled (!!!) my preorder since all three singles I’ve heard sound like crap...the last record was immensely disappointing and this one will probably follow... 😢

On 11/10/2020 at 3:04 AM, The Vool said:

Why „miss“? It’s still available. 

regarding SW: I’m a huge fan since In Absentia was released and always bought all this limited funky shit he sold. This new record is the first one for which I cancelled (!!!) my preorder since all three singles I’ve heard sound like crap...the last record was immensely disappointing and this one will probably follow... 😢

I didn’t see that the second press was still available. I’ll give it another listen and make a final decision!

• 3 weeks later...

in case you guys missed it, they're talking about Effloresce tonight. 

Tomorrow night on Twitter, join Steve Durose, Gambler and myself, along with producer Chris Sheldon for a listening party of the ‘Effloresce’ record. We’ll be sharing memories and photos from the period as we listen to the record that’s almost old enough to legally make sweet love. Tomorrow night at 10pm (Manchester time), follow #timstwitterlisteningparty
*Mark Heron & Jon Ellis are not on twitter so will sadly not be partaking.
MV

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...