Scary Kids Scaring Kids - The City Sleeps in Flames and General ETR Hate Thread

4 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Oh ETR is doing this, we can confirm it's being sourced from a burned copy of the CD then. This album aged horribly anyways, I don't think I'd buy it if a real label was releasing it let alone, this basically bootleg label

I liked this back when it came out. I tried listening to it again about 6 months ago and couldn't make it past a few songs. Totally agree with  how bad it aged.

First time I saw this band's name I was intrigued by the Cap'n Jazz reference. Then I listened to them and got incredibly mad. Then I looked them up and learned their manager named them and the hate intensified. Now silly ross is pressing it and it makes sense.

8 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

this band was always just 2000's scene metal by the numbers but this album had a few bangerz

Nothing remotely "metal" about this but alright. 

Edit: Just wanna make it clear that I do like SKSK. Not particularly this album, but their final album was super underrated. That being said, it's not metal. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel
Clarification

2 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Ross, are you here, my little gaper?

I'm sure he's here anonymously laughing while jerking it while thinking about how much money he is going to make when people waste their money on this...

Edited by KingTacoMunster

4 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Not particularly this album, but their final album was super underrated.

You and I are on the same page with this. That album was really good and holds up way, way better than this album does. Unfortunately no one seemed to really care about it at the time. I got excited when I saw the thread title because I thought it was going to be the self-titled. Alas.

Edited by backpackoat

19 hours ago, Jetboy said:

Pressure the hinges was a tight album

18 hours ago, ethereal said:

I really wish they would press it 

edit: looks like it turned 10 this year as well, maybe it will happen 

10 hours ago, DrewMetals said:

I miss Haste the Day. I was at the Haste the Day vs Haste the Day show, and that show ripped so hard

Can we all just agree to discuss Pressure the Hinges instead of SKSK. No disrespect to Tyson, but this ain't the record that needs pressed. 

10 hours ago, rooks said:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure it does. Like listening to a song off your friend's iPod shuffle through 1 earbud on a public bus sounds great. 

let's be real people who buy ETR releases don't have a real turntable and trick themselves into thinking the colorization of their card makes it sound better than an mp3. Like an album cheaply recorded to digital and then throwing it back into analog is going to make it sound great, in fact 95% of music on vinyl from the 90s forward isn't going to sound much better due to the recording limitations. I admit when I'm buying a modern record a lot of it doesn't have to do with some false sense of a superior sound quality, and most has to do with my preferred format and supporting artists/labels I like

20 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

let's be real people who buy ETR releases don't have a real turntable and trick themselves into thinking the colorization of their card makes it sound better than an mp3. Like an album cheaply recorded to digital and then throwing it back into analog is going to make it sound great, in fact 95% of music on vinyl from the 90s forward isn't going to sound much better due to the recording limitations. I admit when I'm buying a modern record a lot of it doesn't have to do with some false sense of a superior sound quality, and most has to do with my preferred format and supporting artists/labels I like

zzzz it's getting old

and fyi, all my ETR releases were played on my Technics SL-1700 with M97XE Jico Sas and still sound great.

if you're gonna trash a label for something, at least get your facts straight