Scary Kids Scaring Kids - The City Sleeps in Flames and General ETR Hate Thread

14 minutes ago, museummouth said:

The ETR press of Reel Big Fish's Turn The Radio Off sounds like garbage compared to the bands official press. Plus the bands is one LP and much crisper.

This thread reminded me I oughta sell my copies of ETR RBF to some rube.  For display only.

+1 on the Fish Store pressing being superior.

I also realized a year or so ago that my copy of Progress is not superior to the CD in any way but resale value.

Edited by firefoxussr

On 5/31/2017 at 5:44 PM, ethereal said:

This is getting reissued through Enjoy the Ride - PO will be up Friday 6/2 Noon EST

multiple variants will be available 

Am I the only one who thinks the funniest thing about this label is his sense of design?  Look at that font.  LOOK AT THE FONT.   Also, "$23.99 Each".  Sorry, is this an informercial?  Will I get a discount if I order in the next 5 minutes?  No, I won't.   But I will if I go to Hot Topic in 6 months.

5 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

This thread reminded me I oughta sell my copies of ETR RBF to some rube.  For display only.

+1 on the Fish Store pressing being superior.

I also realized a year or so ago that my copy of Progress is not superior to the CD in any way but resale value.

Someone paid $70 for mine lol

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

let's be real people who buy ETR releases don't have a real turntable and trick themselves into thinking the colorization of their card makes it sound better than an mp3. Like an album cheaply recorded to digital and then throwing it back into analog is going to make it sound great, in fact 95% of music on vinyl from the 90s forward isn't going to sound much better due to the recording limitations. I admit when I'm buying a modern record a lot of it doesn't have to do with some false sense of a superior sound quality, and most has to do with my preferred format and supporting artists/labels I like

So which of my turntables isn't real? The Pro-ject of the Bang & Olufsen? 

I have plenty of ETR records that sound just fine.

I've been in touch with Ross on this one and he said the band is on board and they are all getting compensated for this release. Even Tyson's family is receiving a check. 

A few members of the band posted about the release and seem to be pretty excited about it.

We can all have our own opinions about Ross and the label but let's try and get our facts straight before we start assuming something.

42 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

edge lord stl_ben checking in with his daily dose of premeditated dissent

Edited by parkinglot

I remember why I don't get on VC much anymore. "Have a different opinion than someone?! Well fuck you then!"

If someone thinks an ETR release sounds good and someone else doesn't then all we've concluded is really nothing. All of my Harvard albums sound great.

9 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

I remember why I don't get on VC much anymore. "Have a different opinion than someone?! Well fuck you then!"

If someone thinks an ETR release sounds good and someone else doesn't then all we've concluded is really nothing. All of my Harvard albums sound great.

It's not an opinion that some of them are sourced from CD, and it's also not an opinion that the same guy sells Cartoon soundtracks played by him and his friends with misleading advertisements that make them seem like originals.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love SKSK - lot of nostalgia there. I'm glad everybody's getting paid.  I'm not a fan of ETR.

Those are the opinions.

5 minutes ago, rooks said:

It's not an opinion that SOME of them are sourced from CD

Some, not all. The cartoon stuff is a little gimmicky to me and most of us on here but if there is a market of buyers that likes that stuff then I don't see the problem in that.

I just think in general VC gives Ross some harsh criticism that isn't really deserved in my eyes.

2 hours ago, ethereal said:

zzzz it's getting old

and fyi, all my ETR releases were played on my Technics SL-1700 with M97XE Jico Sas and still sound great.

if you're gonna trash a label for something, at least get your facts straight 

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

I've noticed both of you have a faulty set of ears in other threads so that might be the problem. Besides, our bitching shouldn't affect you at all and if it does you need to grow thicker skin. Enjoy your garbage but I'm still gonna keep shitting on it.

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I've noticed both of you have a faulty set of ears in other threads so that might be the problem. Besides, our bitching shouldn't affect you at all and if it does you need to grow thicker skin. Enjoy your garbage but I'm still gonna keep shitting on it.

I'd rather be known for faulty ears than being a pretentious douchebag who has to bag on somebody's musical tastes to feel superior

Guys, please don't argue and turn this into a garbage fire.  This thread is really important to me.  Just a few more shitposts will summon Satan who will post something edgy – he will promptly get called out and then run to Rambo, and thus conclude the coveted Lock ritual.  It doesn't have to be like this.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Guys, please don't argue and turn this into a garbage fire.  This thread is really important to me.  Just a few more shitposts will summon Satan who will post something edgy – he will promptly get called out and then run to Rambo, and thus conclude the coveted Lock ritual.  It doesn't have to be like this.

tumblr_ndfay8NJWb1s6dcd4o1_500.png

2 hours ago, parkinglot said:

Am I the only one who thinks the funniest thing about this label is his sense of design?  Look at that font.  LOOK AT THE FONT.   Also, "$23.99 Each".  Sorry, is this an informercial?  Will I get a discount if I order in the next 5 minutes?  No, I won't.   But I will if I go to Hot Topic in 6 months.

Glad someone else said it.  I think I see the Harry Potter font in there somewhere.