PO: Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I'm just grabbing retail.  I'm done with Hello, Merch and their pricing.  $33PPD is too much for a domestic 2xLP.

I'm with you on that one.  At least for the time being.  Etchings are cool but they shouldn't drive the cost up that much, and you're getting a good bit less music for a premium price.  Thanks but no thanks.  Eager to see what the tour variant is since I should be able to catch her later this year.

The Turner cameo is a surprise for sure.  I think we can expect him to be playing on guitar; I would be very surprised (not not at all bothered) if he bellowed out some vocals on one of the album's tracks.

9 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I'm just grabbing retail.  I'm done with Hello, Merch and their pricing.  $33PPD is too much for a domestic 2xLP.

On a slightly different note, the venue she's playing here next is twice the size of the one she normally plays out.  Pretty big jump.

Yep I agree, I generally tell Hello Merch to suck a dick these days. I mean, for fuck sakes come on and stop gouging. 

But.......it's Chelsea Wolfe. I love her music. But Hello Merch can suck a dick again after that. I've held off on three other releases in the last year because they were through HM.

Edited by creepy old guy

38 minutes ago, creepy old guy said:

But.......it's Chelsea Wolfe. I love her music. But Hello Merch can suck a dick again after that. I've held off on three other releases in the last year because they were through HM.

I ordered from them for years and years and it just keeps getting significantly more expensive.  As much as I like a colored, limited edition LP, I'd rather save $6-8 and buy the black LP from somewhere else.  The music is the same and I'm still supporting the artist.  I'm just tired of getting hit with such a premium, especially when when I'm ordering from the label / artist (albeit, in a round about way).  If past Sargent House releases are any indication, I'm guessing I can get this from Bullmoose for $27PPD or less.  Anyway, I'm done ranting about how much I don't like HM :)  Mainly frustrated with them (and all the other merch middle man companies) adding to the cost.

32 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I think it may end up sounding even crazier than it looks.

Have you seen Boyd Rice's Ragnarok Rune 12"? It's like 90% etching and 3 locked grooves. People should do that more on etched records instead of just having a etching you'll never look at. Then they could look cool while spinning and be functional as well.