PO: Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2017 at 6:54 PM, skycriesmary said:

Eh, I took the plunge for both variants. Over $30 each after shipping, but I love me some Chelsea.

Fuck it. I just did the same. It makes way more sense for me to just pay 10$ extra for both  instead of going 22$ just for one album.  Reckon I will just resell the second copy for price and keep the variant I end up liking more. That marble sounds like a keeper for sure.

I'm liking this album the most out of all her work so. Feels like a logical continuation going from Abyss, sans the rare throw-away tracks on the previous record. Even the ones that begin pensive  end up as epic songs. Two words. Twin. Fawn.

And fucking Aaron Turner. That and 16 Psyche sold me on the record for sure. I'm really glad to come back around because after seeing her live at Roadburn I was kind of over her for a bit. Not that the set was bad but I think she could have benefitted from a smaller stage. Even with the band she didn't really fill it up as well as she could have. That and I would have loved to hear some of her acoustic stuff off Unknown Rooms.

Edited by JoshuaNilk

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, kannibal said:

That Green/Silver looks terrible to me. What's worse though is that awful SJW review/article. I'm not surprised. It is NPR.

i really hope this album is great. I'm sure it will take a few listens to sink in. I can't wait. 

What article are you talking about? The one associated with the album stream?

18 hours ago, kannibal said:

That Green/Silver looks terrible to me. What's worse though is that awful SJW review/article. I'm not surprised. It is NPR.

i really hope this album is great. I'm sure it will take a few listens to sink in. I can't wait. 

SJW? Because they referred to a racist as being just that and mentioned that Wolfe has disowned him? That you considered "awful"?