PO: Brian Eno Reissues

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 12:41 AM, nwinkler said:

Any updates/further details on these single-disc reissues that are released in November? I'm thinking about whether to get the limited 2x45s, or the 1x33s...

There were some audio problems with the 45s. Audio dropouts and the like. I'll probably wait for the 33rpm editions to hit turntables so I can read some reviews and then decide.

On 6/15/2017 at 4:05 PM, Vector53 said:

Where are the Ambient Music represses? I want those badly.

Glitterbeat reissued Ambient 3 (as well as Hassell/Eno 4th World Possible Musics) a couple of years back. Nice pressings.

• 2 months later...
On 27/10/2017 at 4:51 PM, docbronze said:

There were some audio problems with the 45s. Audio dropouts and the like.

Do you remember which ones? I love Before and After Science and Another Green World so much I would cave for the 2xlp editions once I see them fall to a reasonable price.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:00 PM, armadillo01 said:

Do you remember which ones? I love Before and After Science and Another Green World so much I would cave for the 2xlp editions once I see them fall to a reasonable price.

I own all the reissues save for Before and After Science and have zero complaints. Honestly, these pressings are very underrated IMO. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

4 more Eno reissues announced, focusing on the (solo) ambient work. Both 45rpm half-speed mastered 2LP and standard 1 LP versions are up for order at https://www.enoshop.co.uk/shop/vinyl

Discreet Music - 45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Ambient 1: Music for Airports - 45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Ambient 4: On Land - 45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Music for Films -  45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

2 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

4 more Eno reissues announced, focusing on the (solo) ambient work. Both 45rpm half-speed mastered 2LP and standard 1 LP versions are up for order at https://www.enoshop.co.uk/shop/vinyl

Discreet Music - 45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Ambient 1: Music for Airports - 45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Ambient 4: On Land - 45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Music for Films -  45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Been hoping for a repress of some Ambients. Thanks for the info. 

Just grabbed 3 of these on Bull Moose. Double dipped on Ambient 4, would've double dipped on Ambient 1 too but I've got a traffic ticket to deal with. I'll probably pick it up later.

The 2xLP 45rpms are $23.97

https://www.bullmoose.com/search?q=eno&upc=602567750420,,602567750543,602567750710,602567750642

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

20 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

I can't find any other official info but Apollo is also going to be released as well.

I'm excited for this one. Apollo is hands down my fav ambient Eno album.

This has been the worst week for my wallet in a long time...a long time.

Anyone know where I can pre order Apollo in the states?

Ive had three pressings of this over the years. All were pristine and legit, yet all had god awful surface noise. Just goes to show you that pressing defects aren’t anything new. 

So so pumped for this. I had a ton of nice older eno pressings before these reissues started coming out, and honestly the sound quality on these abbey road reissues is so much better. 

These pressings are great. I really don’t understand the hate they get from some people.  

15 minutes ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

These pressings are great. I really don’t understand the hate they get from some people.  

I had the half-speed mastered 45rpm pressings for AGW and BAAS, and both of them had some issues with tape dropouts. As a result, one of the stereo channels had a drop in volume which is quite noticeable if you're listening using headphones.

Eventually I opted for the European 1LP pressings, and most of the dropouts were fixed, so they're my go-to copies now. Since those pressings were also cut by Miles at Abbey Road, I'm pleased with the mastering. Plus, breaking up Discreet Music just sounds off.

1 hour ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Anyone know where I can pre order Apollo in the states?

Ive had three pressings of this over the years. All were pristine and legit, yet all had god awful surface noise. Just goes to show you that pressing defects aren’t anything new. 

So so pumped for this. I had a ton of nice older eno pressings before these reissues started coming out, and honestly the sound quality on these abbey road reissues is so much better. 

Two years ago I found an original Apollo for $10 at a local store. Near mint... except for a deep scratch across An Ending (Ascent) <_< 

8 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

Two years ago I found an original Apollo for $10 at a local store. Near mint... except for a deep scratch across An Ending (Ascent) <_< 

Last one I bought was a solid NM. Looked like it had never been played. 

It it sounded like a goddamn vacuum was running in the background for all tracks on both sides. 

Edited by GrapplesInStereo