PO: Brian Eno Reissues

On 10/4/2018 at 7:40 AM, KaitouG said:

4 more Eno reissues announced, focusing on the (solo) ambient work. Both 45rpm half-speed mastered 2LP and standard 1 LP versions are up for order at https://www.enoshop.co.uk/shop/vinyl

Discreet Music - 45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Ambient 1: Music for Airports - 45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Ambient 4: On Land - 45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

Music for Films -  45rpm 2LP/Standard 1LP

This is such great news. Ambient 1 is undoubtedly in my top five all-time albums.The only bummer is Discreet Music's first track is roughly thirty minutes long so it's either split between two sides on the 45rpm edition (which I cannot abide) or nearly a half hour of music on one side of the 33rpm release. Not ideal, but I'll likely roll the dice on the 33.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:58 AM, simple_torture said:

I was just looking at some of the secondary prices for the Ambients on Discogs the other day. Rejoice!

Ditto. I check almost weekly. 

5 hours ago, KaitouG said:

I can't find any other official info but Apollo is also going to be released as well.

I'm excited for this one. Apollo is hands down my fav ambient Eno album.

I'm not convince this is real. None of the official announcements mention Apollo and, so far, I haven't seen it up for sale anywhere else. Just food for thought.

2 hours ago, Sanspants said:

I really hope the next batch includes Ambient 2 and The Pearl. I wonder if Harold Budd is holding those up. 

Any and all Budd would be welcome on wax. Not sure why he'd hold them up (last I'd read he and Eno were still on great terms). That said, perhaps the ambient collaborations are being saved for their own batch.  Say Ambient 2, Apollo, The Pearl, and Hybrid?

17 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Any and all Budd would be welcome on wax. Not sure why he'd hold them up (last I'd read he and Eno were still on great terms). That said, perhaps the ambient collaborations are being saved for their own batch.  Say Ambient 2, Apollo, The Pearl, and Hybrid?

I know nothing about either of them personally, just guessing. Hopefully that's the next batch. 

38 minutes ago, docbronze said:

I'm not convince this is real. None of the official announcements mention Apollo and, so far, I haven't seen it up for sale anywhere else. Just food for thought.

If it were an independent retailer I would agree, however musicvaultz.ca is the Canadian storefront for Universal Music Group, they also have the complete album artwork with the Abbey Road OBI, which they have partnered with to bring into Canada on some of the original Abbey Road remasters, so all signs point to legitimate release, which has me very excited!

On 10/5/2018 at 2:52 PM, GazHilarant said:

If it were an independent retailer I would agree, however musicvaultz.ca is the Canadian storefront for Universal Music Group, they also have the complete album artwork with the Abbey Road OBI, which they have partnered with to bring into Canada on some of the original Abbey Road remasters, so all signs point to legitimate release, which has me very excited!

Well then color me excited as well. Thanks for the info!

On 10/6/2018 at 5:11 AM, armadillo01 said:

I don't understand the 2LP 4RPM treatment for Discreet Music in particular. Why would anyone want a nearly 30 min-long track cut in half?

It's not ideal either way, but I'll be getting the 33.3 of this one to avoid the track break. Even if it comes at the expense of a half hour side of wax. 

On 10/4/2018 at 11:26 AM, Bladewillisisdead said:

Just grabbed 3 of these on Bull Moose. Double dipped on Ambient 4, would've double dipped on Ambient 1 too but I've got a traffic ticket to deal with. I'll probably pick it up later.

The 2xLP 45rpms are $23.97

https://www.bullmoose.com/search?q=eno&upc=602567750420,,602567750543,602567750710,602567750642

Those are not the 2xlp 45rpm versions.  I questioned them about it and they confirmed they are for the standard 1xlp version.

1 hour ago, Karpatenhunde77 said:

Signed copies up at Rough Trade...Hoooray!

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/artist/brian-eno

Gracias, @Karpatenhunde77! I picked up Ambient 1. One of my favorite records and likely the only one I'll buy in the 45RPM format. Here's hoping it's pressed as beautifully as the music it contains.