PO: Brian Eno Reissues

2 hours ago, robes said:

There already is a decent reissue of Ambient 3 out, and Ambient 2 might be complicated since it isn't solely Eno, as Budd is involved as well.

Agreed. The Glitterbox reissues of Ambient 2 and Fourth World 1 are both quite good. Though I'm still puzzled as to where this notion that Harold Budd might be standing in the way of a reissue is coming from. Is there an interview or article to indicate this? I'm not trying to pick a nit; I'm genuinely curious. I've seen it written on other forums as well and it just seems like such an odd notion. He hasn't stood in the way of any of the previous reissue series over the years. His own solo material has been reissued. Don't get me wrong, it's not impossible, but barring new information it seems highly unlikely.

18 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Agreed. The Glitterbox reissues of Ambient 2 and Fourth World 1 are both quite good. Though I'm still puzzled as to where this notion that Harold Budd might be standing in the way of a reissue is coming from. Is there an interview or article to indicate this? I'm not trying to pick a nit; I'm genuinely curious. I've seen it written on other forums as well and it just seems like such an odd notion. He hasn't stood in the way of any of the previous reissue series over the years. His own solo material has been reissued. Don't get me wrong, it's not impossible, but barring new information it seems highly unlikely.

I don't think Budd is necessarily standing in the way of this happening, it's just that once more people are involved in a project, it may lead to delays and certain complications. I have a feeling that those Eno/Budd albums will get eventually reissued as well, but they might take a bit longer. FWIW, some of the most seminal Budd albums haven't been reissued on vinyl such as: Pavilion of Dreams, Lovely Thunder, White Arcades, etc.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, docbronze said:

Huh.

Good afternoon,

We have heard from several customers that the Brian Eno Lps that were reissued on 11/16 were not half speed remasters as stated in the description that came to us from the label and are actually standard 33rpm versions without the obi and without the certificate of authenticity. We think the description they were using to take preorders was inadvertently carried over from a UK pressing and was added to the preorder information sheets by mistake.

We understand if these are not what you had hoped for and fully understand you may want to return them for a refund. If you are okay with the units you received and would like to keep them you do not need to do anything but you will not be refunded.

We are waiting to hear back from another company about the import versions listed in our database and whether they will be able to get them so we can make them available in the near future.

If you have already received your Brian Eno Lps, please mail them back via media mail to:

Bull Moose
219 Waterman Drive
South Portland, ME 04106

We will reimburse your full order and return shipping upon receipt of the package.

If you have not received or opened your Brian Eno LP package, please write Return to Sender on it upon its arrival and return it to your mail carrier or put it with outgoing mail.

If you also ordered a copy of Music for Films slated to come out 11/30, we are pre-emptively cancelling these orders as we assume the same issue will occur. If you still want this LP, please let us know and we will reinstate the order but please be aware that this will probably be a 33rpm single LP and not the half speed remaster that was marketed for this release.

We are very sorry that the information we received on these was incorrect and that these were not as advertised by the label.

Chad

Bullmoose.com
----------------------------

Does anyone happen to know the quality on these single LPs? I haven't actually opened them as of yet

13 hours ago, docbronze said:

Is that a fact now? That would be great news in my estimation. Are the other three 2xLPs pressed at GZ or Optimal?

The matrix etchings are in line with Optimal's usual matrix coding. And they are handwritten vs GZ usual machine stamped etchings. No idea if the other double LPs were pressed at Optimal as I didn't order any other ones.

8 hours ago, glass realms said:

The matrix etchings are in line with Optimal's usual matrix coding. And they are handwritten vs GZ usual machine stamped etchings. No idea if the other double LPs were pressed at Optimal as I didn't order any other ones.

Awesome stuff @glass realms. Thanks for the knowledge.

These have been coming one by one.  I spun the half speed discreet music last night and it sounded amazing.  A friend of mine even commented that she didn't think records could sound that good.  Wish I would have snagged a signed Airports in time.  Has anyone saw these in local stores yet?

Edited by floyd_z
**records

• 6 months later...

Bumping for an inquiry.  Hoping one of this thread's Eno-heads can confirm what these pre-orders are all about.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28249806

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28249807

The price and thumbnail indicate that these are the half-speed remasters, I think, but I'm not sure why they're on a pre-order for 6/14.  Astralwerks is the label, too, allegedly?

So more of the same release, just a new batch?  I thought these happened at the end of 2018.  The release date on those links is “03/08/09” – whatever that’s supposed to be – and Bull Moose has June 14, 2019 as a slated release date.  If it’s all the exact same press, that’s cool.  Just looking to verify and ask why the release dates are so staggered, and where Astralwerks is coming from.