Turnover - Good Nature (8/25)

3 hours ago, Codyoster said:

My photobook got completely destroyed sitting on my porch, the record is fine but I'm really hoping RFC can replace the book for me at least. Even though it's kinda weak all the photos are pretty much straight off of instagram.

TWIABP bound a book of their Tumblr posts. Surely this is at least more visually appealing.

4 minutes ago, RobertSmith said:

If anyone decides they don't want to keep their picturebook, please PM me. I had it in my cart, I went on w my day thinking I placed the order and now come to find out I didn't. Yay.

Deathwish still has copies:

https://deathwishinc.com/products/turnover-good-nature?variant=46633230287

RFC is replacing my photobook thankfully.  I kinda wish I was able to grab a tri color, they turned out better than I was thinking. The pink and green splatter is still really nice though and the color is the main reason I ordered the deluxe. Every song on this album is really solid, I'm surprised at how much this band grew since Magnolia. 

5 hours ago, paynegretzky said:

I often use amazon. By late next week these guys will be 25$ shipped to Canada - which I will partake in.

Yeah will keep my eye out on Amazon, EBay, etc,  was just wondering if there was another shop or something was all.  Looking to pick up there last album as well.

Also cool to see someone else on here from NB!

18 hours ago, thebunk said:

Yeah will keep my eye out on Amazon, EBay, etc,  was just wondering if there was another shop or something was all.  Looking to pick up there last album as well.

Also cool to see someone else on here from NB!

My usual approach is checking the other sellers under the Amazon link. You get cheap ones with 3.49 shipping, which is insane to Canada. You'll never know what variant, though I always assume the most pressed, but always affordable.

Where in NB are you from? I'm from Moncton. We have Spin-It records, which I love, but sadly I don't recall any RFC releases ever being there.

50 minutes ago, parkinglot said:

Excuse me, I have listened to this five times.  My opinion is correct, and very good.

You've managed to put in more listens than I have, actually.  But by listen 2-3, I was able to pick out Curiosity.  Or realize that I really enjoy the hook on Breeze, etc.

That album has a consistent theme and vibe, you're right.  But as someone who was skeptical the record would be a little too chill and samey as a result, I was pleasantly surprised with the way it turned out.  There are strong, identifiable melodies throughout this thing, and a really enjoyable energy.  It's not a 10/10 but I also wasn't expecting AOTY going into it.

I've been digesting this over the past couple weeks since it leaked and have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed. after multiple listens it just comes across as meh. PV was the perfect mix of mellow/chill with enough driving moments to keep it somewhat energetic from start to finish and this really has none of that. I'm sure a lot of fans will like it because it's definitely not bad by any means but there's really nothing to write home about either imo

Got my book today and it's fantastic good job RFC. Gonna keep being confused by "lack of hooks" but hey that's why music is subjective. Personally this thing has been wriggling around in my ears a hell of a lot these past few weeks even with all these other records releasing that I was more hyped for.