Turnover - Good Nature (8/25)

I think the main issue with people who don’t like this is that it’s being compared to PV.

good nature is a fine album, great even... but peripheral vision was bottled lightning and I don’t see them ever topping it, even if they were to lean back into the same sound full-tilt.

that's a once in a career album. Damn what I wouldn’t give to hear it for the first time again.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

I really enjoy PV but I don’t think it’s quite as revolutionary as a lot of people claim it is.  I fancy it just fine, absolutely, but I don’t think every single track on it is gold.  (Nor do I feel that way about Good Nature for what it’s worth.)

But yeah, holyvacants nailed it — I’d wager that 90% of GN’s critics were just hoping for PV 2.0.  If that’s your mentality going into ‘Nature, I think you’re going to walk away disappointed.  It really is a “boring” slush of similar vibes on the first listen or so, but really opens up if you’re willing to kick back and enjoy the atmosphere of it.  My brain doesn’t register it as the same band and that works out in my favor, I think.

Edited by Derek™

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Came here wondering if there was a new single and this band got good again. 

guess I’ll keep waiting :(

every pressing I’ve ever gotten from NC looks exactly like whatever image got posted with it. It’s a safe bet that’s an actual record, not a mock-up 

but I stopped buying records a year ago so if this has changed, someone please correct me 

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

5 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Came here wondering if there was a new single and this band got good again. 

guess I’ll keep waiting :(

every pressing I’ve ever gotten from NC looks exactly like whatever image got posted with it. It’s a safe bet that’s an actual record, not a mock-up 

but I stopped buying records a year ago so if this has changed, someone please correct me 

Nah you came here cuz you're a loser

• 2 months later...