PO: Super Furry Animals-Radiator RE (7/28)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072N6V5ZJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497806594&sr=8-1&keywords=super+furry+animals+vinyl

Also, a BIG announcement tomorrow!

I have a feeling this is it, tho!

Just need Guerrilla to complete my SFA collection.  Just RE all of them!

Edited by augustus

I'm guessing a 2CD set as well. Like Radiator. I picked up an OP 5-6 years ago at Pitchfork Fest (for like $35 too) completing my SFA LP collection.  But they did a killer job on Radiator and Kliph (ex Flaming Lips Drummer now SFA archivist) said the originals were all cut from the same master used for the CD. These, while digitally sourced, are mastered for vinyl which is awesome. 

can't wait for the bonus stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

SFA at the BBC - Very limited 4lp box set available for pre-order. Limited to 400 only, and 125 left so be quick if you want to nab it (super limited 5 disc version sold out in seconds)

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/super-furry-animals-at-the-bbc

edit - now sold out on vinyl

Edited by craigeduk

6 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Woke up at 2 to order this. This looks awesome. But only making 500 was weird.

Yeah, I can understand there only being 100 of the 5lp version seeing as the extra disc is a handmade lp with fur in it, it was always going to be an expensive item (no matter how much I wish it had been at least £50 cheaper to make me take a gamble on it!). But if there had been at least 900 copies of the 4lp that would have made more sense.

9 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Damn, even the 4 disc set is gone already.   Did they even release a track list yet?

Track listing here from the label

https://twitter.com/strangetowncru/status/1050373349271109632/photo/1

4 disc went in about 2 hours or just under

Edited by craigeduk

50 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the 500 were a feeler for demand and there will be a second pressing. Seeing as its their own label and they aren't massively popular outside of the UK, they didn't want to be stuck with overstock.

Maybe it will be like what Travis did with The Man Who box set where they were pretty limited and after the realized there was more demand they pressed more.  

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see a further pressing in some form or other at a later date (maybe without the envelope of yeti costume fur!).  I saw them live so many times from 96 to 01, & would have been listening to the Mark & Lard BBC radio show (that the 1st side of tracks is taken from) at the exact point that it was broadcast, so I couldn't risk missing out on it.

Edited by craigeduk

16 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Kliph and Cian were in the studio in April or May transferring the original tapes.  While nothing was confirmed (outside of Kliph saying a few years ago that the plans are to re-issue everything with bonus stuff), I think its a reasonable assumption that its happening.

That would be good.  I wouldn't mind having a lot more SFA in my collection.