Cloakroom - Time Well 8/18/17

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, faceghost said:

I somehow managed to score a splatter copy on eBay the other day for $10.00 and It arrived today in mint condition. This album is amazing and the pressing is beautiful.

so weird. guy sold 6 copies for 9.99, 10.50, 19.50, 28.00, 33.00 and 34.99. worst flipper ever?

1 minute ago, ethereal said:

na, I think he was just connected and got a few copies somehow.  all auctions started at $0.01 so I doubt he cared that much

interesting take based on nothing. looking at his other auctions would make me think he is a flipper. not sure how starting an auction at a penny proves someone to not be a flipper. whenever I have used ebay to flip something I started the auction there.

1 minute ago, ethereal said:

na, I think he was just connected and got a few copies somehow.  all auctions started at $0.01 so I doubt he cared that much

If they did buy them at face value then they lost a big fat $19.96. This wouldn't be factoring in them paying for media mail shipping one time and whatever they charged for shipping (I have no clue how much either of these were, these are all assumptions for fun). So probably pretty damn close to breaking even. Definitely not the worst flipper if I had to guess, just not very successful this time.

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

If they did buy them at face value then they lost a big fat $19.96. This wouldn't be factoring in them paying for media mail shipping one time and whatever they charged for shipping (I have no clue how much either of these were, these are all assumptions for fun). So probably pretty damn close to breaking even. Definitely not the worst flipper if I had to guess, just not very successful this time.

I don't think you read my post very clearly. they sold 6 copies and only made the list price on one, with 5 copies selling for varying degrees less than the list price. homeboy lost a lot more than $19.96.

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

I don't think you read my post very clearly. they sold 6 copies and only made the list price on one, with 5 copies selling for varying degrees less than the list price. homeboy lost a lot more than $19.96.

I multiplied the list price ($25.99 according to the OP, is that correct? I don't remember and I can no longer see how much they charged on relapse due to the variant being sold out. Also, I don't care enough to check my confirmation email) by 6 and then subtracted the 6 'sold for' prices you listed. The end result was $19.96. As I stated, I don't know how much they paid or charged for shipping. I do know how to use a calculator though. 

Edited by dantheriver

I've seen a few eBay sellers who snatch up some rarer variants and throw them up for $0.01, no reserve.  Just to let the demand and market freely dictate the value.  Of course they're making a profit in the grand scheme, considering the releases they focus on, but I've also seen them break negative and give people a hell of a deal.  I'd be stoked to get this album on that splatter variant for $10 and shipping.  It was worth full MSRP, to me, let alone half the cost.  If I didn't suffer from PO FOMO so badly, I'd try my hand at aftermark auctions way more often.

19 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I multiplied the list price ($25.99 according to the OP, is that correct? I don't remember and I can no longer see how much they charged on relapse due to the variant being sold out. Also, I don't care enough to check my confirmation email) by 6 and then subtracted the 6 'sold for' prices you listed. The end result was $19.96. As I stated, I don't know how much they paid or charged for shipping. I do know how to use a calculator though. 

$33.69ppd

$66 loss. Accounting for possibly paying less per item ppd due to volume let's say $50 loss. But then there are eBay fees and PayPal fees. So basically he lost much more than $19.96. But I'm glad you know how calculators work. That's the first step. 

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

$33.69ppd

$66 loss. Accounting for possibly paying less per item ppd due to volume let's say $50 loss. But then there are eBay fees and PayPal fees. So basically he lost much more than $19.96. But I'm glad you know how calculators work. That's the first step. 

I already said I wasn't factoring in any shipping they paid or charged twice. Guess I should've included that I obviously wasn't factoring in eBay or PayPal fees since I have no clue what those are due to not ever selling anything via either service. And I said I wasn't invested in this and I was just doing it for fun. So.... my math stands correct at standard cost before shipping minus what you said they charged. $19.96. Not too bad! Great job for that flipper!

9 minutes ago, jrodan said:

$33.69ppd

#triggered

Mine came direct from relapse for $31.54ppd. I doubt they charged you almost $8 for MM. To buy 6 is $167.52ppd (6 copies at $25.99 + $11.58 shipping) . To sell those copies on eBay with $5 shipping (assumption) each from the numbers in your post is $165.98 then subtract $25.20 you spend at the PO ($4.20 shipping each not including tax which is negligible) to get $140.78 before fees. $167.52 - $140.78 is a $26.74 loss before fees. Obviously not a $66 loss before fees so to get to whatever number you got to is a mystery to me and most people that know simple math. (Including Dan who was much closer guestimating without shipping lol)

He still sucks at flipping but you suck at being snarky!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, kisol said:

Pretty sure copies can found for about $60.  Are you all only looking to pay retail?

Closer to retail if at all possible. 

47 minutes ago, SunsetDramaKing17 said:

Me too man, even asked the band for one. This is my AOTY. 

I wish you luck. 

Best of luck to you too, sir!

• 6 months later...