Help with setup

Hi all - just looking for a little guidance from the community on where to go with my setup.

Last year I purchased the following brand new:

TT: Pro-Ject 1Xpression Carbon Class w/ ortofon black

Phono Preamp: Pro-Ject Phono Box DS

Preamp: Pro-Ject Pre Box S

Speakers: older set of used Klipsch bookshelf speakers (the back says SB 1 Black) I bought from someone on Craigslist 

I have been borrowing a power amp from a friend - a Lindell Audio "Amp X" that I need to give back to him sometime soon.

Here's what I am trying to decide...I need to buy a new amp but would like to spend under $500 (ok with me if it's used), but most of the decently rated ones I can find online are integrated amps. Any suggestions on which direction to go would be much appreciated.

PS: I also would like to explore replacing the speakers sometime soon with something that might produce a little bit more bass as these are pretty tinny for me (here would like to keep under $200 if possible).

Thanks for any help!

AJ

32 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

You have a 700 dollar stylus and 1k dollar turntable and are looking for 200 dollar speakers?

I would readjust your thought process or your spending habits a bit first

I guess I can translate this comment to "$200 for a decent pair of speakers (even used) is not realistic," since otherwise this was not helpful.

Not looking for someone to justify my thought process on the stuff I have so far, but rather give some ideas on what to do next. The reality is I got the Pro-ject stuff at cost and had (and still have) a budget to work with, so I need to do it piece by piece.

2 hours ago, Anfernee83 said:

Wouldn't an integrated amp make my pre-amps expendable?

This particular amp is pretty versatile.  It has a 'power amp only' mode that bypasses the built in preamp or you could try the built in preamp and maybe resell your Pro-ject stuff and recoup some money if you find you prefer the on board pre. 

For what it's worth, I'm using my PM8004 with a Marantz TT-15S1 with the stock Clearaudio Virtuoso cart and driving a pair of Monitor Audio RX8s.

Edited by Tardcore