The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum Complete Collection Box Set

Anyone who is on the fence about this who is not going to starve, miss medical bill payments or get anything repossessed by splurging $85 (plus shipping) on this thing should just do it. The material alone is a major feat of conceptual songwriting and even though I'm not in love with every song on the whole set, there are more than enough amazing songs and the presentation of the colored vinyl in relation to the EP's color concept is just awesome. Yes, I know I'm Mr. Black Vinyl but the exception to that, if there could only be one, is when some crazy motherfucker writes 4 song EP's called The Color Spectrum and puts them on 9 corresponding colored vinyl 10" records. This set is classic. When this was first released I really expected it to be over $100 before shipping. The price is pretty fair and if you ever do get into financial trouble and need to sell this thing that you didn't need that bad, you can get at least your money back on the aftermarket provided you don't shit all over the set or let an unruly toddler/cat/puppy have its way with it.

Edited by mcpherson123

On 6/27/2017 at 9:28 AM, jackshidt said:

I ordered the box yesterday and Triple Crown says it is already shipping.

BTW, I am not going to use the download code if anyone needs it.

I'd like to take you up on that.  I have been listening to the short clips on iTunes and looking for the songs on youtube trying to decide if it is worth dropping the money on this boxset, but it would be nice to throw this on my iPod and listen to it while I am commuting home.

• 6 months later...